Want a best android smartphone experience

The only turn down for me for Nexus 5 is the battery. 2300 mAh is really low on that kinda h/w.
So, battery life won't be good....... N4 had 2100 mAh. But its good enough to last you a day. I charge my phone to 100% in morning before leaving for class & it easily lasts till evening(i play games in it in intervals b/w classes)

Maybe Google has optimised battery usage in kitkat, we won't know unless detailed review is out

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
So, battery life won't be good....... N4 had 2100 mAh. But its good enough to last you a day. I charge my phone to 100% in morning before leaving for class & it easily lasts till evening(i play games in it in intervals b/w classes)

Dude, seriously?!

I've Z which has 2300 mAh battery.
Always on 3G, gmail on, twitter and fb on.
I do gaming (Candy Crush and PVZ 2)
Hardly lasts 5 hours. And add to it listening songs.

IDK the usage of OP, but if he's a heavy user 2300 mAh on Android is nothing.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
3G is a big time battery sucker.
So, yeah, on 3G battery would die in a matter of hours. Also apps such as FB are notorious for sucking juice too.

I use 3G. But keep phone on 2G mode. Only turn on 3G when high speeds are needed.

Keeping a power bank is also a good idea, since mobiles are simply not able to keeping pace with battery requirements.

ashs1

Padawan
yeah, like vyom said, keep a power bank with you..it helps if the battery capacity is low..

Sony recently released a PORTABLE CHARGER..

Sony CP-V3/B USB Portable Charger - Sony: Flipkart.com

My Nexus gave best screen on time of 4hr 30min approx on single charge(100>1%) with auto brightness & wifi connected.

According CNET's review, screen on time has greatly increased: 8.5 hrs on wifi & 7 hrs on LTE. Now I'm eagerly waiting for 4.4 upgrade for my Nexus 4 with the hope of improved battery life
Google Nexus 5 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
My main usage will be gaming , Facebook and camera shoot , so as far as gaming concern I think nexus 5 is beast!
But yes as others have said battery could be a problem , so I wanted to ask which has better gaming performance in gaming z1 or nexus5 ? Or any other in same price range about 40k

My main usage will be gaming , Facebook and camera shoot , so as far as gaming concern I think nexus 5 is beast!
But yes as others have said battery could be a problem , so I wanted to ask which has better gaming performance in gaming z1 or nexus5 ? Or any other in same price range about 40k

Acc. to GSMarena, Z1 has screen on time of ~6 hours
If CNET is to be believed, then Nexus 5 has screen on time of ~7hrs

So N5 is better........... Wait for GSMarena's detailed review, it should be out in a week or two(max.)

ankush28

Bazinga
do wait for Nexus 5,it will be launching by end of this month
*www.flipkart.com/nexus-5/p/itmdq9vxq6nswafg
LG Google Nexus 5 16 GB (Black) Price, Reviews, Specs & Buy Online in India - Snapdeal.com

It will save 10-12k for you :)
In VFM factor I dont think Z1, note 3 is even there in race.
Note 3 is highly overpriced

Have a look at HTC One.

Z1 and G2 are other options in this field along with Samsung S4 and N3.

N5 battery at 2300mah will not last a day if you are a heavy user. It has a very average backup.

OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
Have a look at HTC One.

Z1 and G2 are other options in this field along with Samsung S4 and N3.

N5 battery at 2300mah will not last a day if you are a heavy user. It has a very average backup.

The main war now is betweent nexus 5 and lg g2 , as far as gaming concern I am confuse which will serve me better
Some shows nexus5 other shows lg g2, as lg g2 will be getting android 4.4 (kit kat) version , and kit kat version uses less ram so i am confuse which will be better for gaming :-?

As far as battery life is concerned, CNET's review is not good. GSM Arena's battery tests are out, Nexus 5 is not a much improvement over Nexus 4.
LG Nexus 5 battery life test - GSMArena Blog

Just expand the test results & you will find that G2 has much better battery life(almost double screen on time)

If I have to make a choice, then it would be Optimus G2(since budget of 40k)

Still Nexus 5 is great phone for its price. But after seeing battery tests, I would prefer S4 instead of 32GB N5 for budget of 33k(due to better battery life & native 3G video calling)

Don't know about LG, but Samsung's phones have native 3G video calling. I used it atleast once a week in my S2. Now its not there in N4. Even Sony phones doesn't have it. (Please don't suggest me using video calling over internet, as my home town has poor internet speed)

The main war now is betweent nexus 5 and lg g2 , as far as gaming concern I am confuse which will serve me better
Some shows nexus5 other shows lg g2, as lg g2 will be getting android 4.4 (kit kat) version , and kit kat version uses less ram so i am confuse which will be better for gaming :-?

Yes N5 is optimized for 512 MB RAM devices but anyday the G2 will be better for gaming. There wont be much difference but I think G2 would better.

As far as battery life is concerned, CNET's review is not good. GSM Arena's battery tests are out, Nexus 5 is not a much improvement over Nexus 4.
LG Nexus 5 battery life test - GSMArena Blog

Just expand the test results & you will find that G2 has much better battery life(almost double screen on time)

If I have to make a choice, then it would be Optimus G2(since budget of 40k)

Still Nexus 5 is great phone for its price. But after seeing battery tests, I would prefer S4 instead of 32GB N5 for budget of 33k(due to better battery life & native 3G video calling)

Don't know about LG, but Samsung's phones have native 3G video calling. I used it atleast once a week in my S2. Now its not there in N4. Even Sony phones doesn't have it. (Please don't suggest me using video calling over internet, as my home town has poor internet speed)

It was no brainer that the 2300 mah was going to be nothing but average.

nikufellow

In the zone
@OP all snapdragon 800 devices will fare more or less equally well when it comes to gaming so better base your choice on other factors which are of prime importance to you like battery , camera if they matter to you, IMO id recommend G2 as your budget is ~40-45k range and has added advantage of 13mp OIS cam + supposedly better battery life and as for the kitkat optimisations they'll come to G2 to also with the official update.

randomuser111

Technomancer
That is IF at all it gets any software updates. :p

LG 2012 Flagship Optimus G launched on 4.1.2. More than 1 year later still on 4.1.2 with no official announcement about 4.2.2 or 4.3

LG 2013 first half flagship Optimus G PRO launched on 4.1.2, still running 4.1.2 with no official announcement on 4.2 or 4.3 update.

sushovan

In the zone
LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update has been confirmed and it will start rolling out in December 2013.

and whats the use of update it it brings more bugs than before that make phones almost unusable? look at what 4.2 update did to Xperia L. And with the rapid growth of CyanogenMod more than ever , the so called official updates have will be of no use soon.

randomuser111

Technomancer
LG G2 Android 4.4 KitKat update has been confirmed and it will start rolling out in December 2013.

and whats the use of update it it brings more bugs than before that make phones almost unusable? look at what 4.2 update did to Xperia L. And with the rapid growth of CyanogenMod more than ever , the so called official updates have will be of no use soon.

Really? A leak document (not from LG) is confirmation for you ? There were similar "leaks" for Optimus G and G Pro as well but yet those two phones are still running 4.1.2. Where did LG Mobile release any statement about 4.3 or 4.4 for G2? Nowhere.

If LG was really that serious their last 2 flagships wouldn't still be stuck on 4.1.2 with no news of even 4.2.2 !

@OP

Just go and check out G2, Z1 and Note 3 at a multi brand store and get whichever you like more. There isn't a huge difference between them performance wise ( although Note 3 is the weakest of the bunch due to Exynos chip in the Indian variant). G2 is a great phone but it might not get any future updates going by LG's past track record. So keep that in mind if updates matter to you and you don't want to flash Cyanogen Mod on your device to get the latest updates.

Last edited:
OP
A

abuzar

Journeyman
i am not going with sony as i don't like their layout, as far as update concern that's the only thing that worries me as -randomuser111-
said that lg don't often update their smartphone and i do want regular updates.

Nexus 5 is a great device! but battery is somewhat disappointing and i will play games heavily and I think it will eat battery fast. so now i just need to conform the battery issue and lg g2 update before deciding which one to buy .
and the final things that worries me is how good the brand lg is ?

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Lol.. if you want to have a taste of LG, just goto the LG Optimus P500 thread here on TDF. :lol:

Key to good and unbiased decision making: Judge the product not the brand.

randomuser111

Technomancer
i am not going with sony as i don't like their layout, as far as update concern that's the only thing that worries me as -randomuser111-
said that lg don't often update their smartphone and i do want regular updates.

Nexus 5 is a great device! but battery is somewhat disappointing and i will play games heavily and I think it will eat battery fast. so now i just need to conform the battery issue and lg g2 update before deciding which one to buy .

Then you need to decide between Note 3 and Nexus 5.

You could probably get the Nexus 5 and use a portable power bank for extra backup. :)

Or...... get an Iphone 5s. It has superior gaming performance compared to all Android flagships but with a much smaller screen and resolution.

Top Bottom