Wanna learn coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

fraggermamba

Right off the assembly line
I am in 9th standard and would love to learn to code and make new apps:smile:....am i too young to start? If not where do i start and what do i need to learn? Do i need to download any software?

Plz help...

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
You can start learning Python. (or C)

I would suggest to use Python on GNU/Linux. But you can use Windows as well.

Download Python interpreter from Download Python

And here is beginner's guide to Python BeginnersGuide - PythonInfo Wiki

orianablage

If you like it, it doesn't matter if you are young, the soonest the better!
I will agree with the previews, Python is very good to start with :)

jayantr7

In the zone
Age dosen't matter.I am in std.7 but I also have started learning making apps..

IMO,you wanna learn a programming language for coding and all those stuffs.If that,then I recommend you reading :-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/developers/130650-help-choosing-programming-language.html
OR
Help in choosing a programming language - Stack Overflow

Python is the way to start with.What languages you know already??

OP
F

fraggermamba

Age dosen't matter.I am in std.7 but I also have started learning making apps..

IMO,you wanna learn a programming language for coding and all those stuffs.If that,then I recommend you reading :-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/developers/130650-help-choosing-programming-language.html
OR
Help in choosing a programming language - Stack Overflow

Python is the way to start with.What languages you know already??

I don't know any other languages :( So will python help me in creating apps?? For what platforms can i create apps??

there are a bunch of tutorial links provided in the python website but I don't which would be the best one....can u guyz help me?

Last edited:

chickenload

PHP anyone? this one has really helped me a lot. hope it helps as well. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

abhijangda

Padawan
i will recommend Visual Basic 6.0, purchase its book and start with it. it will really help u in learning basics of programming. Then go for python, after it C, C++,JAVA,C#.
in all these languages u can create programs for both windows and linux. but in Visual Basic 6.0 programs for windows can be created not for linux.

sanketJ

Coder Kingkong
1)Learn the basics properly: Get your OOP (Object oriented Programming )concepts right.
2) Practice: Practicing what you learn is most important and one cannot achieve goal of being a good programmer without practicing.
3) Learn to share : Sharing is the most important aspect of programmers.
5)Must learn: XML, HTML, JavaScript or any other scripting language, Ajax, SQL. This are the few basic things.
6)Track: After learning Basics and terminologies , choose just one platform. Programming languages are in vast numbers, Java, c#, C++, perl, PHP, ruby etc.

For more details you can check my Blog.
Any help you want regarding which books to refer, which are the good institutes to start out, ask me

chintan786

In the zone
Hi,

I also intend to learn programming.

For that I have few Question..

1. My main aim is to programme mathematical functions mainly for the purpose of statistical analysis.C++ is one of the language because it is widely used in Technical analysis packages.

2. Also I want to learn making queries to work in various excel sheets at 1 go.

Please suggest from where to start with.

Thanks & Regards,

Chintan

nims11

BIOS Terminator
first get a grip on a programming language. then learn using some libraries for operating on .xls. python is a good option for you as it is easy to read,write and learn. it also has a good collection of libraries. for operating with excel files using python, Python Excel

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
i will recommend Visual Basic 6.0, purchase its book and start with it.

VB6 is obsolete & is replaced by VB.NET...after all its microsoft...

@OP:yes,u can start with Python..its not poisonous :grin:
get ur concept cleared in OOPS.

u can also start with C & then C++ :))

ss max

Broken In
Age does not matter you should start learning as soon as possibe . I think you should start with C , so just buy a book and start. Goodluck

chintan786

In the zone
Learning Programming : Python

My background:

Programming : almost Nil nor I have IT background.

Nims11, suggested me to start with Python.

So today I am installing Pythin 3.2.1 along with its windows installer from below mention link:

Download Python

I Want to know which Books I can go though for the same.

Also regarding making Queries in SQL..wht are ur suggestions to start with.

I already tried my hand on Matlab. But my opinion regarding it is even to get simple thing Done one needs go through many steps.

if someone having Econometric Background then plz help.

Thanks & Regards,

Chintan

Last edited by a moderator:

chintan786

In the zone
@ garbage and Talk...with which IDE i should go for. I like Python tool kit. it is having matlab kind of environment. if u have any other thoughts do let me know..

Is there any good python forum for the same.

@ talk do i need to have knowledge of C to learn C++.

Thanks & Regards,

Chintan

noob

Cyborg Agent
C is very basic thing...u get to learn a gr8 deal ...then once you get basic understanding of OOPS , you can move on to web development ( not speaking about Photoshop or CSS)

for this you have PHP or asp.net stack....choose whatever you like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom