Wanna buy a new Computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ If you want PhysX then go with the GTX 560 Ti. It is also a very good card and in the same league of HD 6950 1GB version in terms of performance. So it is entirely your choice whether you wanna go with AMD or Nvidia, both will serve you good.

regarding Driver problems with AMD/ATI, they have done a vast improvement and now on the par with Nvidia.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ 6Diablo9 - GTX 60 Ti is a good gfx card and it can be used with the AMD config but I recommend you to search for and if possible get this HD6950 1GB version from Sapphire with two fans - it has high chance of unlocking ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149767-sapphire-hd-6950-1gb-unlocked-hd-6970-1gb.html

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

How to change user title?
@ 6Diablo9 - GTX 60 Ti is a good gfx card and it can be used with the AMD config but I recommend you to search for and if possible get this HD6950 1GB version from Sapphire with two fans - it has high chance of unlocking ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/149767-sapphire-hd-6950-1gb-unlocked-hd-6970-1gb.html

Flashing 6950 seems interesting but also very risky at same time. And also I won't want to void it's warranty. I think I'll go with MSI Twin Frozr.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ no ... you don't need to flash a modified gpu bios - all you have to do is just flip a switch ocated on the gfx card and you're good to go but there's no gurantee your gfx card will have that switch and the unlocked gfx card will be stable but most of the people have succeeded doing this ;-)

But if you want to play safe and don't want to take any wild chances then GTX 560 Ti TFII is a good card but I personally prefer HD6950 for it's better stock performance and power savings ;-)

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

^^ Still I think I'll go with a MSI TF II, reason: I did some research and found out that 6970 owns at high resolution games, but 560Ti runs games better at lower resolution. And my future monitor isn't gonna be bigger than 22"(1080p).

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Roundup: ASUS, EVGA, Gigabyte & MSI

avadh.joshi

Right off the assembly line
I have a very good config. i.e. intel core i3 cpu, 6gb ram, nvidia 520gt gpu, 1 tb hd but it doesnt give me good performance when i try to play games it pauses n graphic performance isnt that flowless.what should i do?i tried to replace my psu with vip gold 500w, bt it doesnt works..please help me!!

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ I wouldn't say that is a "very good config" (no offence or heartbreaking intentions). But yes its decent enough. Are you running the games all maxed out? Then that might be the problem since the 520 gt is a relatively less powerful card. Also what resolution do you game at?

And p.s:- that power supply isn't all that great either( though its fine for a 520gt I guess. Not sure though).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a very good config. i.e. intel core i3 cpu, 6gb ram, nvidia 520gt gpu, 1 tb hd but it doesnt give me good performance when i try to play games it pauses n graphic performance isnt that flowless.what should i do?i tried to replace my psu with vip gold 500w, bt it doesnt works..please help me!!
nvidia 520gt is just slightly faster than core i3.also read this:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-sup...89-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Still I think I'll go with a MSI TF II, reason: I did some research and found out that 6970 owns at high resolution games, but 560Ti runs games better at lower resolution. And my future monitor isn't gonna be bigger than 22"(1080p).

GTX 560 Ti TF II / HAWK is a good choice - get that and congrats in advance ;-)

you need to get a new gfx card - something like HD6670 around ~5k which will be able to saty happy with the PSU and cpu you have ;-)

For anything much more better and costlier create a new thread.

Cilus

laborare est orare

Don't mix up buddy. from where you get that 1080P or 1920X1080P is lower resolutio? At that resolution HD 6970 is faster than both HD 6950 and GTX 560 Ti. It is comparable with GTX 570 Ti. I think you're talking regarding multi-monitor or 2560X1600 resolution where HD 6970 2GB performs almost same as the GTX 580 1.5GB due to its higher VRam.

If a HD 6950 has a chance for being unlocked into HD6970, then get it with your esyes closed.

vizkid2005

In the zone
@ OP :
Get the MSi 560ti TF II ... I own it ... And it runs awesome ...
I will also recommend the GS600 @ 4k ...

As Cilus said .. If planning to unlock .. then get a 6950 all the way !!!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't mix up buddy. from where you get that 1080P or 1920X1080P is lower resolutio? At that resolution HD 6970 is faster than both HD 6950 and GTX 560 Ti. It is comparable with GTX 570 Ti. I think you're talking regarding multi-monitor or 2560X1600 resolution where HD 6970 2GB performs almost same as the GTX 580 1.5GB due to its higher VRam.

If a HD 6950 has a chance for being unlocked into HD6970, then get it with your esyes closed.

looks like OP is more inclined towards green campaign ;-)

@ OP - read this review :
*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-560-ti-448-core-benchmark,3082.html

and not only 2GB HD6950s can be Unlocked - 1GB HD6950s can be unlocked as well ;-)

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

I donno what to do man. These whole reviews and benchmarks are getting me confused to hell. Now I'll have to research a little bit more I guess.:banghead:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ there's no hurry - take your time before buying a new gfx card - if you have gaming in mind then you really should get the best gpu possible - so do some more research and settle your mind on a particular gpu but before buying if you have some questions / confusion you can always ask for suggestions of forum members.

In general HD6950 is a bit faster and consumes less power than GTX 560 Ti.

GTX 560 Ti most strong point is it's ocibility though that depends on many other things - HD6950 can be Oced as well.

If you can get your hands on a Sapphire Dual Fan HD6950 1GB version and if it has a bios switch ( like the one mentioned on the link above ) get that asap - It can be Unlocked to HD6970 which performs better than both GTX 560 Ti and HD6950 - so by spending ~15k you are getting a ~22k gfx card ;-)

OP
6Diablo9

6Diablo9

I'm extremely sorry to bother you guys again, but I had to urgently spent some huge amount of money on something else, so I've reduced my budget. And I'm gonna use my old monitor 19" 1440x900 resolution :cry:. Here is my new config.

AMD Phenom 2 x4 955BE (Gonna OC it)
GA-880GM-USB3
Transcend 1333Mhz 2x4GB
AMD HIS IceQ X 6870
Cooler Master TX3
ASUS Xonar DG
Roccat Kave
Microsoft Xbox360 Controller

Suggest me a PSU and a Cabby and do let me know if any changes are needed in this config. I wont be needing any other component beside these I've mentioned.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
You will oc then get these-
Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL @ 1.6k
CM Hyper 212 Evo @ 2k
NZXT Source 210 (Elite) @ 2k (2.5k)
Corsair GS600 @ 4k or Tagan Stonerock 500 @ 3k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Op's current ram modules are enough to take 955BE around ~4Ghz easily. I'm running 955BE at 4 Ghz with DDr2 ram modules ;-)

and where is NZXT Source 210 is available at 2k ?? For OCing cpu a good cabinet and cooler like Cm Hyper 212 Evo is a must buy though ;-)

smithrick

Broken In
Your configuration is good but i suggest you to replace your AMD processor with Intel i5 processor. Because sometimes AMD gets overheated. And your configuration is very high so i think you are interested to buy one gaming pc. So think about my suggestion.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your configuration is good but i suggest you to replace your AMD processor with Intel i5 processor. Because sometimes AMD gets overheated. And your configuration is very high so i think you are interested to buy one gaming pc. So think about my suggestion.

AMD cpus have no overheating issueif one knows how t install the prvided cpu cooler properly and talking about overheating look at the latest Intel IB cpus ( specailly K series ) but these can be fixed using under volting though and Stop resurrecting Old Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom