Wagon R or Santro Xing

Santro Xing, i love it man. Using santro for past 2+ yrs and TBF it's just good enuff.

same here. performance wise santro xing can beat wagor R anytime. I am too using santro from past 2 years and its beast of the best in this range though its costlier maintenance wise.

sujoyp

Grand Master
But both r old now...y not i10 or some new ones like nissan micra...i10 is seeling like hot cakes and it looks good too.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
But both r old now...y not i10 or some new ones like nissan micra...i10 is seeling like hot cakes and it looks good too.

i10 and Micra are costly. He can't get it in his budget. Better get Santro Xing. Beats Wagon R hands down any day.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
@topic,
See, Hyundai engines are more performance peppy than Maruti ones any day.
But that doesnt make it the only reason to go for Santro. Mine is 2003 Xing model. Nice pickup, throttle response and gearbox.
Wagon R on the other hand has lots of space, better drive-ability in city and better mileage. I'd really suggest to go with the latest Wagon-R with K series engine. Looks nice, performance is better than Xing's 1.1L engine and provide better ergonomics.
If you want to stick with Hyundai though, look for i10 Kappa2! Best in the hatchback segment. Good Luck.. :)

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Santro Xing any day, it beats the crap out of Wagon-R.

> I drive it in city its so good.
> Even after 6 years its so smooth to drive and its zippy when you want it.
> I hate WagonR Gearbox its so loose dont let you feel the car. . I always like tight Gear knob which is so good in Santro.
You can only know it once you own it. Gear should never be loose .. specially in city bumper bumper traffic.
> Tyres are one size up in Santro.
> Back seat is so comfortable.. like a Sofa.
> Santro has Hydraulic Power Steering, I prefer it over WagonR's EPS
> Wagon R ..shape sucks (sorry maruti fans)

I mean there are points and points...
I mean its so reliable car, Just buy it you wont regret it.
i10 is good but If its out of budget dont need to push for it.
Santro Xing is a very good car for city driving and its been so refined
and improved constantly over the time.

Last edited:
OP
bajaj151
Thanks for all suggestions... :)

Due to budget constraint...I am looking to buy a used car (2nd hand)
Is it safe to buy from Buy or sell your pre owned cars, buy used cars, best certified cars, best dealers in pre-owned cars sales and service - Mahindra First Choice ??

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Both Maruti and Hyundai showrooms sell certified used cars. Check there. No idea about Mahindra First Choice.

You should be able to get an used Santro for a decent price. I once struck a deal for a 3 year used Santro which had run 22k kms for 1.5 lakh. Bought another new car instead.

Good luck. Keep us updated about the progress.

Top Bottom