W705 or N79 :-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiff

Broken In
I plan to buy a new mobile. My budget being 18k (along with memory card).
I hv zeroed in on SE W705 and N79.

My requirements being :
*3G
*Good music player (must)
*Handful of appliccations
*Fast UI
*Decent camera (i ll b making few clicks a week)

I am a bit biased towards SE. No Samsung n LG.
Checkd out reviews of N79 on gsmarena (they havn't carried out one for SE W705 as yet).
I am not gonna use bundled earphones but Creative EP630

Which one is the best buy?
Any other suggestions are most welcome.

PS : I also need a good E book reading app for the mobile.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I doubt if w705 can be even compared with n79 . N79 is suprior in every way . Apart from price i dont find any advantage in w705.

Btw , also check out n82 , i prefer it over 79 for having better hardware . Also new firmware improved the sound quality.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
3G: w705 has advantage with 2x times bandwidth
battery: 10hr 2G talktime for w705 and 5.5hr for N79
Sensors: accelerometer for both and shake control for W705.
Display: N79 with it's 16M color display pawns W705
dimension: W705 has advantage here.
Camera: 5mp camera with autofocus and 30fps video recording for N79 easily beats 3.2mp of W705
Memory: N79 has more widely used microSD which is cheaper than W705's M2 Micro

My vote: N79

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Check out both the phones at a store. Compare their screens and you will know which is better. FI you want symbian, you can go for the N79, else the W705 is a pretty viable choice.

OP
Spiff

Spiff

Broken In
Thanks for your replies.:grin:

3G: w705 has advantage with 2x times bandwidth
battery: 10hr 2G talktime for w705 and 5.5hr for N79
Sensors: accelerometer for both and shake control for W705.
Display: N79 with it's 16M color display pawns W705
dimension: W705 has advantage here.
Camera: 5mp camera with autofocus and 30fps video recording for N79 easily beats 3.2mp of W705
Memory: N79 has more widely used microSD which is cheaper than W705's M2 Micro

My vote: N79

Practically, Is W705's advantage (2x bandwidth) of any use?

Check out both the phones at a store. Compare their screens and you will know which is better. FI you want symbian, you can go for the N79, else the W705 is a pretty viable choice.

I doubt if w705 can be even compared with n79 . N79 is suprior in every way . Apart from price i dont find any advantage in w705.

Btw , also check out n82 , i prefer it over 79 for having better hardware . Also new firmware improved the sound quality.

Even price difference is 1000 bucks (acc to Hotspot prices)
I checked at hotspot, they say Nokia has stopped production of N82. Anyway I ll go and check with local vendor if they have one in stock. How much does it cost?

But what about the sound quality? Is N79/82 anywhere close to W705? :???:
Any other suggestions?

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ no , the high speed 3g support is useless in practically almost everywhere , let alone india where our 'mahan' government couldn't even auction it.

I haven't heard w705 but newer nseries devices generally sound better than walkman series . Also dont forget the convenience of 3.5mm jack and cheap microsd cards.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would suggest u n79 too

I am very very irritated by SE's proprietary jack....it just get loose soo fast..If u really wanna hear music better go for mobile having 3.5 jack only...

My SE fanboysm is soo badly hit by its bad jack...let se have 3.5mm jack 1st like w995 then i will consider SE again....also SE should apply micro USB quickly

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
some one said that n82 is being sold at 13.5 k at alfa .. go check out and if true then u got the lottery ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom