Vulnerability in website and loss in business leads to suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
The boss of Indian software firm LxLabs was found dead in a suspected suicide on Monday.

Reports of the death of K T Ligesh, 32, come in the wake of the exploitation of a critical vulnerability in HyperVM, a virtualization application made by LXLabs, to wipe out data on 100,000 sites hosted by the UK web hosting firm VAserv.

The effect of his death on the development of updated software by LxLabs is unknown at time of writing.

Ligesh was found hanged in his Bangalore house on Monday morning, after a late night drinking session.

SOURCE

Webhost hack wipes out data

While, this is the actual reason behind the death, the local newspapers never mention about it. They only claim that he was mentally unsound, after he after he lost a contract to another company:cry:

Here is what Times of India says :x

NucleusKore

TheSaint
My condolences to his surviving father. Anyway the provider did not mention that daily backup was a part of their package. Good the data was encrypted.

Now you know why I say
"The Future Is Open"

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I read this news few days ago on webhostingtalk forum. Before his death, few Vulnerability were found in his software HyperVM... but he released patches.

No one knows actual reason, but it is supposed that he was very depressed because of few reasons.

Because of Vulnerability in HyperVM thousands of VPS were hacked..... I am not sure but may be many sites of digit members were also down because of hack.

Poor man. I read this news on American forums before Indian forums. Funny isn't it ? We people seem to value life very little.

This happened in Bangalore, the IT Capital of India. Was it a politician who suicided, it would have had front page news. But important as this man was throughout the Internet, the news carries itself in a small box nobody can notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom