Vote for the most useful tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

theraven

Technomancer
vote for the most useful and your favorite tutorials ...
we'll make them sticky
NOTE : plz be sensible before voting

only a couple of the tuts will be made sticky ...
ONLY THE MOST USEFUL ONES !

digen

Youngling
Off the lot my vote for enoon's two really helpful tutorials.
1.HOWTO - Protecting your Windows system
2.HOWTO - Recover lost Windows 2000/XP/2003 Admin Passwords

The first one is the best & I feel it really deserves a sticky.Rest is upto the mods to decide.

swatkat

Technomancer
Yes, i will go with Digen, "HOWTO - Protecting your Windows system" deserves to be a Sticky!

People, plz vote, let's make Forum better!!!!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
im coming back to this place after a long time
and i see i lot of changes
of all those changes, i think this is the best i cud have imagined.
Hail the person whu came up with the idea of tutorials section.

I just looked over the section .. and i think most of the tutorials are well written and very helpful

:thumbsup:

kl_ravi

Journeyman
I'll Vote for this one

Swatkat,

You may also want to post a detailed tutorial to.....
  • get rid of spyware/malware
    tweak the system to get maximum efficiency
    get rid of unwanted files from the HDD
    Secure the PC from viruses/worms/attacks etc

If all the above information along with download links are available at one place, then it will surely be the NO.1

mohit

The Hardware Labs
swatkat had posted a tutorial on making a complete free system security suite , i cant find the link though as the search function of the form is not working , i think that was a very very helpful tutorial. thanx swatkat . can u post the link ? i suggest it shud become a sticky.

Saharika

In the zone
and next thing to see i think is how original is the post
other wise a person can paste a whole site here(may be microsof.com) and be best tutorials.
I think member should encourage the people who work hard to post a geniue tutorials.
Just what i think.
thanks
saha.

dreams

Gracias Senor
My vote goes 2..

Converting a Black & White Picture to Color by NikhilVerma..

Cos i hv heard people are converting old pictures 2 color.. and i tought it must be very tough job.. but after cing the tuts i was amazed and wondered how simple it was..

@NikhilVerma
Kudos 2 u m8..

..nJoy..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If there are some that deserve to be made stickies, then they should be swatkat's posts on using HJT (considering the sheer number of people in the forum that are being told to run and post their HJT logs) and the one on the system security suite, considering how many people are actually getting their PCs infected. Maybe these info will actually help the people stay away from trouble and if they do get into trouble, they can take a look at the HJT post if they have any doubts about it. In fact, I really think sometimes that posting system configs and a recent HJT log should accompany most problems. Also, I don't think there should be a post on trying to read your HJT posts yourself and fixing the errors as sometimes the newbies can take their whole system down by doing something they're not supposed to be doing simply because they're paranoid. Also, the posts by raven on sharing an Internet connection should be there, considering so many people asking for the same.

h4xbox

Journeyman
all fotoshop tuts by nikil and goobi rock...except ripper by vj the "fool".:p

@ ennonmai: hjt threads if made sticky can cause ppl to make wrong decisions by random deletion or friggen actions.
I suggest somebody like raven can write a tut on hjt and mention the common names under which spy/ad/malware hide themselves.... Some easy techniques to sniff the trojan/downloaders etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom