Vodafone Hijacts Airtel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Vodafone Hijacts Airtel, India’s Number One telecom Player and Vodafone’s competitor

Vodafone has bought airtel.com to prepare fight against Airtel.Vodafone, one of the largest telecom companies in the world, have hijacked the brandname of it largest competitor in India, AIRTEL, by having registered the domain name airtel.com and redirecting it vodafone’s website. Type airtel.com in your browser and it will redirect you to vodafone.es.

Airtel is the number one player in the growing mobile telephony services in growing India. With an user base of almost 50 Million , Airtel is ranked number 10 in the world based on subscriber base.

Source:
*www.bachelorcooking.net/2007/10/10...-one-telecom-player-and-vodafones-competitor/

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
airtel.com has been with vodafone looooooooooooooooooooooooooong ago over 3 yrs

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
The correct airtel address is airtel.in , me too users airtel.com to check out the 8 MBps thing :p

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Before Hutch went on Sale, Vodafone had a small stake in Bharti :rolleyes:

Seriously, the current website redirecting to Vodafone site is hilarious!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
[xubz] said:
Before Hutch went on Sale, Vodafone had a small stake in Bharti :rolleyes:

Seriously, the current website redirecting to Vodafone site is hilarious!
the airtel site is airtel.in not airtel.com

^^ Rightly said. Airtel.com has been redirecting to the vodafone website for several years now. It's not something new. It's because Vodafone has a stake in airtel.

shashank_re

In the zone
You are completely mistaken.There was another Airtel(not sure of the country)which provided broadband services.And its website was www.airtel.com
and recently Vodafone purchased that Airtel and hence it is directing to vodafone site.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ it cant be 'recently' airtel.com has been redirecting to vodafone for a long long time over 4 years

hailgautam

Youngling
there was a Airtel in Spain too which Vodaphone acquired and therefore it redirects to vodaphone spain. So it was Airtel that has hijacked the airtel brand.

*money.cnn.com/2000/06/12/europe/airtel/

PraKs

Youngling
Total wrong News..

Dont fool Digit users sir..

airtel.com is not registered to Airtel India..

It belongs to A company in Esaponia where it deals with Vodaphone. there is not so called hacking or take over done :p

Airtel India has official site as airtel.in

Please dont mis lead users.

anispace

dattebayo
^^
arre didnt u read the above posts.

this is the update from the site where this crap news was put up..
Update:

Looks like Vodafone bought a company in Spain called Airtel, and airtel.com belonged to that AIRTEL. The case of the iphone

My Bad… But I was quite surprised when I typed airtel and did a control + Enter as I always do, and like many internet users do. They just type the url without the .com or .net (TLD) and press ctrl + enter … Wouldn’t I have been surprised. I thought it was a prank, perhaps…

As commented by VK below, Airtel could be the one hijacking the brand name. But now that airtel is already big, they should negotiate to buy back the domain from vodafone spain.

theres even an Airtel seycheles >>airtel.sc
and Airtel montana>> www.airtelmontana.com

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom