Vodafone GPRS Settings for MotoQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Hi,

Recently I got a connection from Vodafone.

I have activated Vodafone Live by sending a SMS "ACT VL" to 111

One guy from Vodafone confirmed the activation and told me to send another sms "VL" to 52586 to get the settings. After sending the SMS I can browse the net from my N95-2.

However, after repeated tries, i could not be able to get the settings on my MotoQ9h. After enquiring, it was ascertained from the Customer Care that Windows Mobile is not supported by Vodafone Live.

Please help me to set up Vodafone Live on my MotoQ9h.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
What.?! That is bull... Once you have gotten them settings from Vodafone, get into GPRS under Connections and set just these 2 options
1) Connects to: The Internet
2) Access Point: www

That is how I got Live! setup on my brother's Q9h. Don't bother about other settings like IP, DNS,,etc.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Ok here are the entries.

Under Connections > GPRS> ,

2. Hutch GPRS >
1) Connects to: The Internet
2) Access point: www

3. Hutch MMS >
1) Connects to: MMS Network
2) Access point: portalnmms

4. Hutch WAP(GPRS) >
1) Connects to: Work
2) Access point: portalnmms

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Same error pops up. :(

What to do?

I have read at some place that proxy settings needs to be given for that.

Thanks Hitboxx for the early reply.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Restarted the phone? Yeah there are two proxy settings but I am not sure whether it is needed and also don't remember the port address, sorry.

You can do one thing though, call CC and ask them to send the settings again. But this time receive them on you Q9h, not on N95 (assuming you did like this) and just save. No need to edit anything then. Also restart it once saved.

mannuforall

mannuforall
Hi!
The easiest way!
Just visit *gprs-settings-to-mob.rdr.cc
Here request for gprs settings by sms or comments, and get free settings on your phone. Supporting any operator/handset in world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom