VLC media player, sub titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolas

Padawan
hi,

how do i get the subtitles in VLC media player? i saw the subtitles optioin there and pointed to the file too, but it doesnt play for me. is there any additional plugin that needs to be installed? thk u. and how good is winDVD player?

/legolas

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm.. VLC player plays with subbies fine.. Just open the VLC player (not the file along with it), then click on the play button, then you can see the options for the subbies and the file that you wanna play..
No need for any additional plugins.

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
drgrudge, cool i got it to play with subs, but the font is not very readable, i mean the clarity of the subs is very low... any suggestions for that?

/legolas

drgrudge

In the same Subtitle options you can see the options to increase the font size and also the way it's encoded.

My advice is that you may use BSPlayer to use files with subbies, as the font size and clarity is good. Also you can notice, the subbies will appera in the bottom black strip and the subtile text wont apper in the playing screen itself.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
MPlayer (windows version, free) and Divx Subtitle Displayer (shareware) are other good options. There are plugins for Winamp ( ex Winamp Power Player ) to do the same too.

I would just like to add that .. for auto-detection of subtitles ...
rename the subtitle file to <exact movie filename>.srt ( or .sub whtever is there ) and keep both files in same folder.
ex. movie file location/name = "D:\My Movies\This is my movie [huha].avi"
Subtitle file location/name = "D:\My Movies\This is my movie [huha].srt" or "This is my movie [huha].avi.srt" (both work)

-----
alibi

drgrudge

Hmm he asked, how to do in VLC player.Anyways adding more to the above post:

The auto detection dont work on all the players, it wont in VLC players, we have to load manually.
We need Vobsub for this auto detection.

1. Make the .srt and .avi( or whatever) the same name. You have done this. Except for the file extrnsion, everything should be the same, so when you look there should be two files in the same name, only their icons be different.
2. Now place them both in a folder. Name the folder also in the same name, but this is not required, but still do this.
3. Now open the file, the vobsub should load (and hence the .srt)
4. Even if the .srt dont load, then maunally start vobsub. Now make sure that vobsub is working by just starting it.
That should help you.

Why all this trouble? Just d/l BSPlayer and drag the .srt to the screen and the subbies load :d

OP
L

legolas

Padawan
:) i got all ur suggestions, eveyrhting worked fine except for auto detection in VLC even thou i had everything named same. grudge, bsplayer is also good! and subtitles as u said r clear enuf! :) i wud rather prefer that.. thks for the suggestion

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom