VistaVG Ultimate: New XP Theme by Vishal Gupta Now Both with & without Searchbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
one more update which can be done is that the default window border can be kept 5 or 6 and jus as the title bar gradients can be applied to it as shown in the pic.

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/7434/untitledwr2.th.jpg

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
:eek: Stunned amazed saw ur Vista Vg but :eek: Gr8 Kaash I was a windows fan :p Well Awesome Terrific amazing adbhut aparajit :p Mr Vista on high :) Awesome again a reqeust can you make 1 for Gnome :) GTK 2.x ;)

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx a lot guys. u all r gr8. :D

@shyamno
Visit following thread to make XP look-a-like Vista:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49141

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Vishal Gupta said:
Bottom Common Tasks (This folder contains "shellstyle.dll" file for showing common tasks in explorer at bottom.)

1. What do I do with it?

2. Is there no way to get the searchbar to work like in vista or atleast to act like "find files and folders" shortcut.

3. Theme is incomplete without those nice vista icons. How do I get vista icons?

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx to all of u guys. :D

@adithya

1. If u want to show common tasks at bottom in explorer, then copy the "shellstyle.dll" file from this folder and paste it to:

%windir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate\Shell\folder_containing_ur_current_style
%windir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate with Searchbar\Shell\folder_containing_ur_current_style

There will be already a file with same name, replace that file.

2. Nope.

3. Read following tut:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Vishal Gupta said:
thnx to all of u guys. :D

@adithya

1. If u want to show common tasks at bottom in explorer, then copy the "shellstyle.dll" file from this folder and paste it to:

%windir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate\Shell\folder_containing_ur_current_style
%windir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate with Searchbar\Shell\folder_containing_ur_current_style

There will be already a file with same name, replace that file.

2. Nope.

3. Read following tut:

Thanks for the link and the theme. I like the black style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom