VistaVG Ultimate: New XP Theme by Vishal Gupta Now Both with & without Searchbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys

After a long time I'm very excited to announce my new theme "VistaVG Ultimate". ;)

*img462.imageshack.us/img462/8535/vistavgultimatethumbnainy1.png

I have fixed a few BUGs, Added new features, new styles!

FIX:

1. Chevron BUG fixed.
2. Startmenu image BUG fixed.

And a few other BUGs fixed...

NEW:

1. A new style "Black" has been added to the theme after a lot of demand for black titlebar.
2. A separate theme for Startmenu Searchbar lovers. It shows the Vista searchbar in Start menu but its fake. You need "LSPatch" to use it. I have included it in the pack.

And more...

UPDATE:

1. Titlebar Text is shown in Left now.
2. Common Tasks are also shown in Left but I have included a "shellstyle.dll" file for bottom common tasks.
3. Aero style for 32x icon size is default now.
4. Lots of new Vista images, like "All Programs" arrow, Explorer arrows, Startmenu images, Logoff/Shutdown images, etc.
5. A few colors changed.

And lots of other small updates...

HOW TO USE:

1. Extract the contents and u'll get a folder.
2. In this folder, you'll get 4 more folders:

=> Bottom Common Tasks (This folder contains "shellstyle.dll" file for showing common tasks in explorer at bottom.)
=> Fonts (This folder contains Segoe UI fonts required for the theme. Copy them to "%windir%\Fonts" folder.)
=> Styler Toolbar (This folder contains Style toolbar for explorer. You need "Styler" installed on your system.) You can download Styler from here:

*www.crystalxp.net/galerie/en.id.551.htm

=> Theme (This folder contains the main theme.)

3. Copy all contents in "Theme" folder to "%windir%\Resources\Themes\" folder.
4. Now you can set the theme using Desktop Properties.
5. Also make sure you have patched the "uxtheme.dll" file to allow 3rd party visual styles, if its not patched, then download and run the UXtheme Patcher from here:

*www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Uxth...nload-2369.html

I hope you all will like this theme as you liked all my previous themes.
Please give your valuable feedbacks. :)

Download here

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ thnx buddy. I hv tried to fulfill all members requests in this release. Also I hv fixed a few BUGs, which some members reported to me. ;)

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Vishal dude y do u hav to do this to us.... If u can cm up with ur own OS n thts 10 times costlier thn the overpriced MS products, we will STILL buy ur OS

so whn r u comin in the market??? :p

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx to all of u guys. :)

ur precious words always encourage me to work on these themes and tutorials. :D

I'm so much glad that u all liked the theme. I tried to fulfill all requests and now I'm eagerly waiting for ur feedbacks. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey vishal, why don't u make a black coloured theme too for this. Just change the Hue & saturation. if You like mail me the bitmaps & I will re-edit

Edburg

In the zone
Wow thats a great theme....even better than all those windowblinds and styleXP ones....perhaps u can sell this theme instead of giving it free..cos its that great and certainly worth to buy.

And i found it a little difficult and time consuming for me to install the theme...may be u cud make a installer or some kind to do all the things auto....wud be great for a lay person and not only for techies.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ The appreciations I get from u guys means more to me than the money. ;)
It always makes me happy, when u all like my work. :D

Regarding to using the theme, just copy the suggested folder and patch the "uxtheme.dll" file. :)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
cooool theme! great work vishal! :) applause applause....

if MS sees this they haf 2 options:
1) to hire you as their grafix artist! :)
2) to block ur theme jus as they did to Kol, in which case you'll become more famous than him! (God forbid MS may never block ur theme, but seriously ur theme is leaps and bounds ahead of Kol's vista theme, kudos! :) )

either way it'll add more feathers to ur cap!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.