Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Try 2 things:

1. Control panel -> Sound -> Playback -> Speakers -> Enhancements -> Uncheck "Disable all sound effects".

If that does not work...

2. Under device manager roll back to a Vista driver as in don't install Realtek drivers use Vista's drivers.

If nothing happens, contact Asus.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
OK then here's what I do on my PC:

With my new MOBo, in XP the songs sounded awesome and the level of Bass that was earlier provided by my Sub at 4th level was now available at 2nd but in Vista everything has F'd up. I've installed the Realtek drivers, configured the Speakers internally in Vista too,

wonder why, on my computer, ive not been able to get the sound quality offered by vista in XP. MP3s sound awesome in vista on my creative 2.1

mobo MSI K9NGM

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
There's some config issues on his machine. It's not Vista but some settings not proper.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
In my next post I'll give u screenies of my config and then u can tell me if its all right or anything wrong

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^What imav said is true. Am getting superb audio quality in Vista's media center. YOu may have to setup speakers again in VMC.

1) Go got Vista Media center -> Tasks -> Settings
2) Go to Windows Media Center Setup
3) Set Up Your Speakers
4) Click on Next
5) Select "2 speakers", click on Next
6) Test and click on next
7) Click on Finish. Now try to play audio in media center.

Also, go to WMP11 and disable SRS and Bass, set the equalizer to one tha suites your need better. Then play music over Vista Media Center.

PS: Vista Media Center uses WMP11 to play audio and video.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Below are the imageshack links to my screenshot uploads of my Audio Configuration,please check them out. My preferred audio player is Winamp and for Video its VLC.
Wud have loved to give the screenies itself here but forum doesn't allows more than 15 so here are the links to the images.

*img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windefaudio3do8.jpg

*img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek7ch0.jpg

*img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek2me2.jpg

*img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=config1ge0.jpg

*img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=audiolevelspd0.jpg

*img296.imageshack.us/my.php?image=audioconfigkr8.jpg

*img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=configfinaleuz1.jpg

*img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek1rv3.jpg

*img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek6ng2.jpg

*img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windefaudio2ek6.jpg

*img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=windefaudione3.jpg

*img529.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek5ch4.jpg

*img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=config3tp8.jpg

*img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek4rq6.jpg

*img206.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek9ss8.jpg

*img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek8mb5.jpg

*img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=realtek3lg9.jpg

*img362.imageshack.us/my.php?image=config2qx7.jpg

So i tinkered with the settings a lil bit more and did these 2 things:

1. Swapped Center channel and Subwoofer inputs from Realtek Audio manager.
  2. Disabled the Bass Management.
The bass has considerably improved but the intensity problem persists. Guess would have to live with it till Windows 7 comes out or migrate completely to Linux.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I had to shift because now my RAM is 4GB plus 512MB GDDR3 memory of GPU. XP showed only 3.25GB of RAM whilst now in 64-bit Vista I'm able to fully utilize mt RAM.

Hey..plasma..there is a thread on the same topic..on how 2 utilize RAM in 32-Bit XP
even if u have more than 3.5GB of RAM....so,no problem @ all :))

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Asus onboard sound does have a problem with x64 vista, specially if you have 4.1 or 5.1 speakers. If you select 2.1 output then it sounds better.
Sound in Xp is better & thats one of the reason I am still with XP (dual boot)

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Few days back I extended a partition on my 400GB HDD using Vista's in-built partitioning tool. It made the 400GB HDD into a Dynamic disk. Can I revert it back to its non-dynamic nature with some other partitioning tool? Will there be any loss of data in the process?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
plasma yaar vista sucks *img507.imageshack.us/img507/8905/20081101012438nn4.th.png*img507.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif
when i copy or transfer data to 1 place to another its too much time i also enable the advanced performance in policy.XP is best

i switch from vista 32 to 64 no performance will be increased yup miss one thing increased my hard disk space its take more space than 32 b

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Try installing these:

*support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/938979

*depositfiles.com/files/1575704

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
useless run the setup the message show the update does not apply to your system.i also turn off RDC but vista sucks means sucks

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
plasma finally i fix it disable the the RDC and few service sorry i don't remember the service u can find easily find it just open the service but one thing is dead sure next time when i format my pc the vista is never install in my pc i used Window 7 its works gr8 just using 512 MB RAM i have some driver issue that why i uninstall

Status
Not open for further replies.