Vista Happenings

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitall Charisma

Can anyone please tell me what all are going on with Vista. How is it faring in various tests? Its pros & cons? And everything else.
What opinion does the test center @ digit have about it?

Yours Truly,
Digitall charisma........

choudang

Padawan
don't know about that. i gave got a news that vista has 5 categories... like Home and Prof in XP, and there is another called Ultimate Edn, which has all the feature. other two edns for bussiness edn. let me be confirm.

see the scr shoot.....

*img493.imageshack.us/img493/1652/start1dn.jpg

cryptid

Journeyman
ok coming to the pros and cons
Pros:
Eye candy

Cons:
Hardware requirments are very high &
sucks on the resources

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
well vista is available to only msdn subscribers so get someone who has an account, butter him to the max and then get his username and password, i m very near for getting the accout of my college.

OP
G

warrior said:
don't know about that. i gave got a news that vista has 5 categories... like Home and Prof in XP, and there is another called Ultimate Edn, which has all the feature. other two edns for bussiness edn. let me be confirm.

see the scr shoot.....

*img493.imageshack.us/img493/1652/start1dn.jpg

its in 7 diff vesion not five ..

read below ...
The 31 Flavors Of Vista?

OK, so the subhead for this section is a bit of hyperbole. But Microsoft has long said that Vista would arrive in multiple versions. And the company has been working on just what those versions will be for quite some time. Windows XP comes in a variety of versions: Home Edition, Professional, Tablet PC Edition, Media Center Edition, and Professional x64 Edition, as well as an enterprise licensing option. If early reports are true, Windows Vista Home Edition will ship in three versions: Vista Starter Edition, Home Basic Edition, and Home Premium Edition. The Business Editions will be available in four versions: Professional Edition, Small Business Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Ultimate Edition. Vista Pro would not include some high-end digital features that Vista Home Premium Edition would. But Vista Pro would support more RAM and two processors.

Takeaways: Microsoft has pledged to ship more flavors of Windows Vista. I believe the company's intent is to make more money from the high-end versions while at the same time extending market share at the lower end by reducing the cost of Windows, somewhat. (Pricing had not been announced or leaked as of press time.) The details that have emerged so far lead me to suspect that Microsoft is running the whole idea up the flagpole, informally, to see how customers will respond. The differences between three of the four Business versions are mostly minor, just packaging, much the way Microsoft Office has been differentiated for several years. I think businesses will take that in stride.

Three Home editions of Vista, including one called Starter Edition, sound like a good idea if it means reduced costs. But it will be incumbent on OEM (original equipment manufacturer) PC makers to explain this to home PC buyers. Given the many features reportedly not in Vista's Starter Edition (and even next-level-up Home Basic Edition), there’s a huge potential for home user frustration. For example, the Starter Edition doesn’t support networking or display resolutions higher than 1,024 x 768.

One thing I like a lot about the plan as leaked is that Vista Home Premium Edition will contain the Tablet PC and Media Center functionality. More than likely, 90% of the new consumer PCs that ship will come with Premium Edition installed because it’s the one closest to WinXP Home. So one of the key questions will be the cost. If Microsoft raises the price above the cost of WinXP Home, I think it will hurt the consumer PC marketplace quite a bit.

Over the next year, I suspect Microsoft will give us a lot more to think about as it gears up to launch new versions of Office, Windows, and Internet Explorer.
(source pctoday.com)

and i think beta 2 is still to release.

dreamweaver9962

Right off the assembly line
vista

hai friends
windows vista may be launch on last of next year.even thoug the beta versions are available it is not complete.we can expect powerfulgui from microsoft.we are also going to get iexplorer with tabbed browsing

deepgeek2

Broken In
So, what should we do?
Are we all ready to junk your brand new PC of yesteryear in order to grab a full bite of Vista?

OP
G

deepgeek2 said:
So, what should we do?
Are we all ready to junk your brand new PC of yesteryear in order to grab a full bite of Vista?

may be ... if one want then its mst as it has very high system requirments .. i will stick to xp but willing to have vista

harikris53

Right off the assembly line
AMD 2800+ and 512 MB ram Vista crawls. add anothe r512 MB memory. it really flies.
Eyecandy is the name of the game. If you have a SATA drive disconnect it if you want to load Vista. Some problems with ATI graphic cards.
hari

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Its still now Official but its gonna be a high requirement..

Most prolly by window's usual evolution path it will be a 256 MB RAM and a 1~1.5 or more mebbe Ghz or equivalent proccy and a gphx support ;)

QM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom