Virus wiped my partitions, Help me plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, got a virus attack, truty old Windows Firewall, SpyWare Doctor and AVG couldnt do jack to save me.

I came upon a site which had ebeded videos. It said i need to download a flash plugin. I downloaded and when ir an it i got BSOD

When i restarted , My COmputer looked like this
C:\ drive is fine
D:\ requires Format, shows RAW format
E:\ requires Format, shows RAW format
F:\ is there but contents r gone, it all blank inside although hard disk properties says the files are there, says 172 Gb used 6 GB free (same as i left it before), but when i open the drive its empty with one AVG hidden file

*img198.imageshack.us/img198/1445/drivesr.jpg

System restore is stuck. I cant restore anything as it says I:\ I:\ E:\ D:\ was excluded from monitoring. Can click nest after that

I tried tunning anti virus but scanning is stuck at 0%

Whe i load up windows it says f:\ drive is corrupt or unreadable, please run chkdsk

Guys help me out. I need my data back.

swatkat

Technomancer
I don't think the file system might have been wiped out by the malware. Since you mentioned about embedded video and flash plugin, I can say that the malware belongs to Zlob fake codec family. Lets try to remove the malware first. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and install it. Boot into safe mode and run Malwarebytes. Select the "Perform full scan" option and click "Scan" button to start scanning. Wait till scan is completed and then remove any malware that it may find. Reboot the PC. Post back the results of scan.

sujeet2555

In the zone
got the same problem as i can't chkdsk c drive as it said the drive is RAW.
you should scan with a rootkit scanner as mcafee rootkit scanner.i scanned and my problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom