Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
my pc got infected by a virus w32.rox****@mm or sumthing like tht.i cant remember the name(i formatted immidietly).though listed are some of its characteristics
1.takes icon of a folder,but is a 44kb exe file pointing to my douments
2.resides in documents and settings\user\local settings\application data\
3.disables folder option menu
4.prevents running of msconfig(restarts the comp)
5.kapersky couldnt detect it(it hung!!)

now two q's?
1.whhat is this virus?
2.does it remain in mft?

kin.vachhani

Dreaming Future
hey u r right thats a virus try the qick heal online protection it will notonly remove the virus from the harddisk but also from the memory

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
i dnt hav net at home nor hijach this!!! i formatted my c drive and re-installed xp.now i run norton2006.i dint format d:.though norton after complete scan did not detect any threat,is there any posibility of the still being there(say in master file table)???
by the way which virus was it?i mean what type?

navraj

Broken In
This virus is not a resident of MBR. So if you have formatted your C drive, then most probably you have removed it. But , there is a possibility that it might have copied itself to some other partition. Scan your system using Mcaffee online scan.

:arrow:

:idea: I would recommend you to use NOD32 as your antivirus. It is damn effective and very light on the system resources. Also, use a firewall. ZoneAlarm is a nice one & it is free too.

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Hey guys....is Kaspersky the best antivirus.....i currently have AVG.....should i get K 5.0 or it AVG ok??? I cant keep both coz they occupy a lot of memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom