Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddhartha_t69

Journeyman
A friend of mine bought a pen drive and plugged into my computer,
opened up 'my computer' and 'explore'd the removable drive. There i found the files: 'Funny UST scandle.avi.exe', "xmss.exe' and 'autoruns.inf'. Suddenly the computer started acting abnormally, Folders closeing automatically and task manager not working.

I opened up 'Process explorer' and killed xmss.exe from there. Opened 'autoruns' and unchecked xmss.exe and restarted.
But after the restart, the real disaster happened. As soon as i log in(autologon) i am automatically logged out without getting any chance to do something.

I need to get my windows working again. What can i do here? Help!!!

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Did you try booting in safe mode. If not try and run your antivirus software. Also try using vcleaner if you can log in safe mode.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
try this *thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78794

I recommend to install Kaspersky Internet Security 7 to remove all the spywares and viruses that are in ur system

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Turn off system restore, and do full online scan.
Few good you can find here:
*www.techhunt.org/node/72

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say that AVG is the worst AntiVirus in the world.:D
It has high false rates and doesn't detect simple viruses.

If Vaibhva, you use AVG, then I would say to ditch it and start using NOD32 or Kaspersky. You'll definitely come to know the difference.........:mrgreen:

dsuresh

Broken In
hi,my system also infected .. unable to remove virus... user account blocked by virus ... it created a new user ID like limited user .. unable to view my old user account file ..there is no account icon ...

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Y dont u people use good antivirus like kaspersky or NOD32 ????????

@dsuresh : Download 30-day trial of kaspersky internet security from kaspersky.com
and do a complete system scan

hullap

Cyborg Agent
you use AVG, then I would say to ditch it and start using NOD32 or Kaspersky. You'll definitely come to know the difference.........:mrgreen:
right i 2 had avg but after sum time i installed NOD32 and found 20 VIRUSES :0 :-0
which avg did not find
Thank God

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
right i 2 had avg but after sum time i installed NOD32 and found 20 VIRUSES :0 :-0
which avg did not find
Thank God
AVG in my school was a real hell. It didn't even detect common viruses like Newfolder.exe, Brontok. And as soon as you inserted your pen drive, it got infected.
If you really want to use a FREE antivirus, then go for Avast instead. But it is also not that good if you compare it with NOD32.

hullap

Cyborg Agent
AVG in my school was a real hell. It didn't even detect common viruses like Newfolder.exe, Brontok. And as soon as you inserted your pen drive, it got infected.
If you really want to use a FREE antivirus, then go for Avast instead. But it is also not that good if you compare it with NOD32.
im sayinf that i lyk nod32 more than avg

V

vaibhavtek

But for me avg is very good it dectects every virus in my pc. :cool: :cool:

V

vaibhavtek

^^ i also used nod32 to check but it doesnot found any virus...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom