virtual machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ma not sure of the section to post this question. help needed

anyways::

i want to know about a virtual machine that uses the capacity of multi cores and recognises gpu as well. I know it works slowly than native OS but i run Microsoft virtual mach and it uses only 50% of the cpu

I woulld not be facing this prob even with MS VM if my CPU supported virtualization : Dual core 2.8 ghz (used Everest to dig this info)

i think hardware must be replaced
(thought so after posting the ques))

any sugession???????

Try sun microsystem's virtual box but it will not recognize your GPU. It uses all cores of CPU.

thanks.

i'll setup teh system in a day or so. (not free rt now)

but still can you explain or give reference abt why gpu is not supported (VM is obviously not 4 playing games or so...) plz.

Gauravs90

geek........
I didn't say GPU is not supported.

I said guest os will not recognize your GPU. Instead guest os will recognize a virtual GPU. The virtual GPU will also support your GPU's 3D acceleration.

iinfi

mekalodu
i have a query.
i have centos 5.4 64-bit as the host and will run windows xp as guest os inside vmware workstation. will i be able to play games inside the windows xp? how will be the performance?

vBox still does not utilize 100% cpu

looks i am right after all. h/w dosent support virtualization and hence vm will not

i have a query.
i have centos 5.4 64-bit as the host and will run windows xp as guest os inside vmware workstation. will i be able to play games inside the windows xp? how will be the performance?

i dont think vm is ment to play games except mario and dave.... :)

6x6

Journeyman
I play chessmaster in guest xp (through virtualbox) on ubuntu host.
Guest applications run little slower, so playind resource hungry games will be problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom