Views on Lumia 620!!

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys, I am joining a job soon and its time I let go of my Nokia 5800, its one of the best phones I had even owned, even after 3 yrs damn thing will go 3 days with a full charge(2 days if I use wifi) although it had a terrible issue of autoformatting memory card :| and the camera was pretty crap but at the end it served me for what's its for and I got every penny out of it.

Now I am going to buy a phone soon, budget is 15k max(12k would be better), looking at specs I think Nokia Lumia 620 will do fine for me, I won't get an android, as I will probably buy a tablet later and I don't think any android phone under 20k(optimus L9) is worth investing into.

My needs:
1. A good camera, the 5800 camera was the worst I had seen in a phone, it was good in good light but in low light damn thing acted like a 1.3mpx chinese phone cam, the flash didn't help. 5Mpx with flash is what I want, don't need amazing performance though(have FZ150 for that), a dedicated shutter button is welcomed.
2. Fast performance, least lagging.
3. At least 8GB inbuilt memory or a msd card slot.
4. Inbuilt office apps and ebook reader or access to such via app store.
5. Don't care about games, some casual games are ok, but gaming is of the least concern to me.
6. Good battery standby time, at least 24 hrs doing everything(listening to music and browsing etc).
7. Bluetooth file sharing, a must.
8. A GPS is welcomed but not mandatory.

So suggest, also any idea about how much I can get for a 3 yr old 5800, the screen has no scratches and battery life will still make android user jealous.

PS: No talking about nokia going bankrupts etc etc, don't care.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I have Samsung Omnia W and I am also considering Lumnia 620 ....loved it...just that didnt like the colors..

I too had Nokia 5800 ...the maiin problem i faced was no file manager...donno if its there in WP8 or not

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I have Samsung Omnia W and I am also considering Lumnia 620 ....loved it...just that didnt like the colors..

I too had Nokia 5800 ...the maiin problem i faced was no file manager...donno if its there in WP8 or not
Wait what? I have a file manager in 5800, under apps, its not as comprehensive but I can browse, copy, move, delete, rename files/folders, there is also a search option, also sorting, details page etc etc.

About colors, Lumia 620 comes in a black color, with dualtone like galaxy S3, do check it out.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
you also may want to keep your options open :

h1ttp://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_w1_launches_in_china_cheaper_than_lumia_620-news-5378.php

^^ holi sheeetey thats a loaded phone.

*www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_w1-5065.php

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
you also may want to keep your options open :

h1ttp://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_w1_launches_in_china_cheaper_than_lumia_620-news-5378.php

^^ holi sheeetey thats a loaded phone.

Huawei Ascend W1 - Full phone specifications
The specs are not better than Nokia, just the battery only, plus no city lens, bluetooth is 2.1, less internal memory.

PS: Never anything Chinese/Indian for me, I suffered enough from Micromax funbook, 4 battery replacements and its still not fixed, I reckon by the time warranty ends I'd go through about 5 more batteries.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
The specs are not better than Nokia, just the battery only, plus no city lens, bluetooth is 2.1, less internal memory.

PS: Never anything Chinese/Indian for me, I suffered enough from Micromax funbook, 4 battery replacements and its still not fixed, I reckon by the time warranty ends I'd go through about 5 more batteries.

lol . ok.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
L620 fits your requirements perfectly. But, check for reviews about battery backup. I think that it won't last for a day with heavy usage.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
L620 fits your requirements perfectly. But, check for reviews about battery backup. I think that it won't last for a day with heavy usage.
A day is fine for me, I mean how bad can it be? Xperia P has the same battery and more resource hungry, yet people are buying it.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
A day is fine for me, I mean how bad can it be? Xperia P has the same battery and more resource hungry, yet people are buying it.

Anyway, It's better to read the online reviews, before taking a decision.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Why get a WP 7.8 phone when it will not be supported in the future? Most newer apps and games are being developed for WP8 only... It doesn't make sense to get a WP 7.8...

Think about it for a while...

I have a Samsung Focus, bought in October 2011 (WP 7.5). A real shortage of good apps and games on that platform, even after using it for more than a year... Android is far ahead of the game at this time...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@tkin I was saying that 5800 symbian have a good file manager with option to copy paste files where my omnia W is restricted to zune and no file manager...donno if wp8 have file manager or not

BTW its a great idea to have android tab and WP8 mobile...u get the best of both worlds...in any case those great games of android look great on a tablet ;)

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Why get a WP 7.8 phone when it will not be supported in the future? Most newer apps and games are being developed for WP8 only... It doesn't make sense to get a WP 7.8...

I have a Samsung Focus, bought in October 2011 (WP 7.5). A real shortage of good apps and games on that platform, even after using it for more than a year... Android is far ahead of the game at this time...
Who's getting a WP7.8 device? Who? Who?

@tkin I was saying that 5800 symbian have a good file manager with option to copy paste files where my omnia W is restricted to zune and no file manager...donno if wp8 have file manager or not

BTW its a great idea to have android tab and WP8 mobile...u get the best of both worlds...in any case those great games of android look great on a tablet ;)
Yeah, a lot of android's attractions aka games, ebook readers etc work better in tabs, take for example ebooks, I read so fast that reading ebooks with a phone will be death of me.

pratyush997

Inactive

L 620 runs WP 8 dude!
BTW are you a Droid Dev? :p

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
You never know!
Own a Symbian Device flash it with CFW and then say! ;)
He's right as far 5800 goes, the camera is cr@p and no CFW will fix it. Why else would I want to buy a new phone if the cam was good?

You never know!
Own a Symbian Device flash it with CFW and then say! ;)
He's right as far 5800 goes, the camera is cr@p and no CFW will fix it. Why else would I want to buy a new phone if the cam was good?

Top Bottom