viewing *.swf files in win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi
I want to view *.swf files in win XP(SP2).I can view these files in win 98 through irfanview however when I try to view them under winXP I get some message regarding missing quicktime files.Pls someone advice how to view these files under winXP
Thanks
Rajeev Chavan

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
just drag and drop them in Internet explorer. Also install K-lite codec pack and then you will be play it in classic media player, which is a part of K-lite codec package, which again is free.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Or hit 'Ctrl + O' in IE (or whichever browser you prefer), select 'All Files' from the drop down menu and navihgate to the file. You must have Adobe Flash Player installed for that particular browser though.

DukeNukem

Come get Some
rajeevchavan said:
Hi
I want to view *.swf files in win XP(SP2).I can view these files in win 98 through irfanview however when I try to view them under winXP I get some message regarding missing quicktime files.Pls someone advice how to view these files under winXP
Thanks
Rajeev Chavan

install the latest flash player from here

>> *fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

then drag them to i. explorer to view them

sakumar79

Technomancer
Shift+Right-click on file and select "Open with...". Select Internet Explorer from list, put a checkmark on "Always use this program to open this kind of file"

Arun

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
hi all
drag and drop on IE did not work but installing K-Lite Mega codec pack worked .Now even irfan view shows the *.swf file !.Thanks Ramakrishnan.I wil try sakumar79 solution today.
Now I have a different problem .In win98 the *.swf file was saved in \windows\Temproray Internet files folder bot in winXP I could not find them in \Local settings\Temporary Internet files folder.Pls inform where can I find *.swf file.
rajeev chavan

sakumar79

Technomancer
You should go into Documents and Settings folder and choose your user ID folder... There, in Local Settings folder, you will find Temporary Internet files folder

Arun

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
hi sakumar79
Thanks for the solution but as I had mentioned previously I can reach Temporary Internet Files but can't locate the *.swf files.Where are they located ?
Thanks
rajeevchavan

overclocker

Journeyman
Enter into the Temporary Internet Folder then u go to the tools boutton click on it nd select folder options then u select view tab nd uncheck "Hide extentions for known file types". This help u to locate *.swf files.

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
hi overclocker
thanks for advice.I still cannot see *.swf files.Actually I want to see videps from www.win-at-trading .com in offline mode at my leisure time.In win 98 I am able to do so by clicking on *.swf files found at \Temporary Internet files folder but in winXP I can't locate these *.swf files.I do not know in winXP any other files(other than *.swf are created).
Pls help
with best wishes
rajeev chavan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom