VERY INTRESTING...DO ANY ONE KNOW ABT THIS..!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

This happened to me some days ago....I didn't belive my eyes...

I have a movie say X loaded in my system in Disk D, and after few days i loaded another movie named Y in my system after a few days i deleted the first movie ( X ) and when i was watching the second movie ( Y ) i was surprised 2 c the first movie (THE DELETED ONE) attached 2 the second movie......Attached here means...DELETED MOVIE(X) started playing....and the regular movie is missing.

I didn't belive this..but this happened... :shock:

I am working on win98 second version at that time...and i even have LINUX installed in my system at that time...Y did this happen..??? :roll: :?: :?:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Dun Know What To Call This Situation Pal.....Happened To Me Too Somedays Back Even Though The Clip Was Deleted Somehow The Memory Of The Previous Played Clip Just Turns Up :shock:
God Knows May Be some Sorta Memory FlashBack For The Media Player :wink:

Scorpion

Journeyman
I didn't get you.

Err. I don't understand your problem.

You said you used a CD loaded on to your hard drive, not a flash player.

How did you load it? Did you just copied the .dat file and played it ? Or used a extracting program?

Anymeans its still Kewl and I don't think its a problem unless it is a virus.

Did you by any chance used system restore? Restoring to a point some times has these wierd effects.

ujjwal

Padawan
Are you sure about which file you deleted ;)

Hmm ... deleting a file doesn't actually erase the data (it just removes its entries from the filesystem) so its possible, but how exactly it could happen, I can't imagine :|

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I Suppose There Are Some Bit of Memory Gets Left Out In The Media Players And So Its Acts Up In This Strange Way......They Usually Start At a Point Of The Original Clip Being Played But When Sometimes Pulled Or Dragged To a Further Time Then The Player Suddenly Starts Playing Some Clip Which Was not Associated With The Currently Playing One.....Hmmm Before I Confuse Myself And Others too Much Lets Just Have a Break And May be A Kit-Kat Even :wink:

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
if by mistake or wit mean u activate d system restore option then it creates a backup of old files in ur computer and since d files have d same names their may be a mess of old n new ones (ie. X &Y)...i know in not sounding very clear 2 u but check out may sum this kinda reason is there....gud luk n dont worry theres no ghost in ur system

goobimama

 Macboy
I have..

I have had the same situation before. I was browsing through my temp folder once and I found that a movie which had got destroyed a few weeks ago (it was becaues my second hard disk crashed which had the movie in it) was there! the movie was fully copied in the temp folder...maybe that's it...

Milind

H

h4ck3r

hey why du u copy my siggy

hey why du u copy my siggy ??
aneways keep it up.

OP
W

wizard_with_a_wand

Broken In
Yes..

Hey..No one have solution for this?? This is a new RESERCH TOPIC or what...??? :?: :roll:

May be some more can try for this solution....If v DIGIT guys don't know tthe solution means it's definetly a research topic... :lol: :D

vijaythefool

In the zone
I got a perfect answer

Hard to believe !! :shock: :shock: :shock:
is there any data recovery virus ? not heard so far ? did u invent one ?

should be some thing wrong within the ntfs

try washing ur hard disk with water !

Scorpion

Journeyman
Just a simple error, I don't think it needs much hype.
Many things happen on this stupid box which can be accounted to bugs and human errors.
I don't think its a virus or a trojan, they have much more important things to do than restoring your old deleted movies!

OP
W

wizard_with_a_wand

Broken In
Y r u so discouraging???

Hey SCORPION y r u so lazy man....come on...it happend....every thing with have a reason 2 occur try finding that out...

Haa...VIJAY..Keep your foolishness with plzz don't spread it in our forum.

Many...felt it intresting and...trying their solution u guys can sit calm...if u r not intrested.

OP
W

wizard_with_a_wand

Broken In
allwyndlima

Allwyndlima what you said (MAY BE HISTORY IN WMP CAME INTO PICTURE) is not the case bcz i use super decoder or power DVD for playing. so....

Regards

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well do you have HAV installed ? Cos NAV and some other products have a way of restoring files from recycle bin even after they are emptied. lets assume that you have dumped the VCD onto ur HDD. The actual movie file is a .dat extension file. Now when you deleted the vcd directory the .dat file should also be deleted however NAV keeps it as a protected file as .dat files are used for other purposes as well. So if you have NAV the file will still exist even if you have deleted it.

OP
W

wizard_with_a_wand

Broken In
Actually i don't have NAV installed in my system...and more over the STRANGE thing...here is the file is not restored... :lol: but the file got attached to other movie that is in abt 60 mins of movie 20mins is replaced by this movie(DELETED ONE). :roll: :lol:

sooooooo......

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
it must have been there in your "recent files" directory
go to this directory you may find so many files
which you may have deleted
i found such .vob files too

OP
W

wizard_with_a_wand

Broken In
NO. TECHNO_FUNKY....i even checked that..that's not the case...because deleted files (DELETED FRM HDD) cannot be played even if they r in recent files list....even the moved files (FILES WHICH R MOVED FRM THEIR PRESENT LOCATION) can't b accessed...that is not at all the reason... :roll:

Ashis

In the zone
Ghostly Affairs :lol:

Huh... Did U Delete it ... Only to send it to The Recycle Bin :?:
May Have Recover It :roll:

OP
W

wizard_with_a_wand

Broken In
Hey Ashis my recycle bin can't HOLD a LARGE movie and more over the thing happened here is the movie(DELETED) got attached to another attached means exactly attached as combining 2 files using a VIDEO EDITOR. [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom