Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^

Well mate,

as you could see i will be buying the components in may so it is too early to finalise the specifications of computer..

I am still researching on some components..I hope you understand that i am trying to not to waste the hard earned 300k for any crap component...

Things which are sure is:

intel i7 980x
asus RAMPAGE 3 extreme
liam li cabby
corsair dominator 12 GB @1600 MHz
logitech z550 speakers

please suggest me good keyboard + mouse under 10k..There are some provided in this thread but please suggest me as combo so that i can finalise it..

Suggest psu as well..

And yea i would be requiring ups as well.. Please suggest regarding the same..

Regarding graphics card ,ill research a bit more on these options provided above and then finalise it and would let you people know..

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Please suggest some good 80gb ssd as well which is(or would be) available in India ..

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
4 times...

But have never assembled this high configuration...

Anyways ,i would ofcourse take the help of uncle, about whom i mentioned earlier,to assemble the system into cab...

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Especially for liquid cooling and stuff as he has done it 3-4 times before..

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@kanishka

But i guess u should better invest in ATI GPU's now coz they seriously are beasts...
I mean I being a nvidia fanboy still say this due to the performance ATI GPU's have over the nvidia one's now and due to some reason I don't know why but Nvidia's strategies of toppling ATI aren't faring out well....
So it seems better to go for a GPU from ATI now and i'm sure ATI will do something about 3d vision and come up with something in the nick of time...So hold on for that...

Cheers,
sid_gamer

Piyush

Lanaya

i totally and frankly disagree with u
.....there is no way and i jus cant see y a gtx480 wud fry the mobo..?? expecially wen the OP (kanishka) is goin for the ultimate mobo (Asus rampage 3 extreme).... with a Lian li PC A7110 cabinet, the best i can see in the market (for 18K)... along with swiftech's water cooling kit...plus 6additional fans in the cabinet.. and if anyone still fries his/her mobo, then its jus a MISMANAGED cable and cooling management......

if he (kanishka) is so much worried abt heat, then i hv got solutions for the same (provided) he atleast make a final decision abt his FINAL core i7 based rig config.. (wich we all are praying to dear lord) tat he does is asap..lol....
asingh and crow already posted what i wanted to
u see that
he's in raipur(pretty hot)
have u ever noticed why AMD athlon series(3 years back) was a crap in india?(even i still have a AMD athlon 64 proccy)
just because of heating issues
dude ,as a student of microprocessor modeling and computer architecture,
i strictly recommend him to go for ati 5970 card bcoz of 2 reasons
1>it is faster as hell
2>it is a lot cooler than the nvidia's microwave edition gfx cards

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Well guys i think it is better to go for ati hd 5990 only because it has far superior performance and low heating than nvidia gtx 480...

Please suggest me keyboard + mouse under 10k,a good psu within 15k-17k,good ups,and some good SSD

^ go for tagan or CM Real power ones, as Corsair does not have more than 1000W models, K/B+Mouse- you can select any from logitech or M$ combos available from 4k+( premium models), and UPS - go for SUA 1500I Smart UPS.

vicky2008

Broken In
For such a costly rig, try a good liquid cooling solution. I will suggest Aquagate Max with Aquagate NC-1 and HAF 932 or the Coolermasters Sniper. Look for dust filters in the fans too.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hmmm.....Which tv tuner shall i go for??

Also, Please let me know whether it would make any hassles with graphics card??

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Please let me know whether do i have to import the alienware monitor from Singapore or is it available in India?

Thanks

Alienware monitors are available in india, and they are available on SMC's website also which i gave above i.e.

SMC International/Monitors

Last edited:
Top Bottom