Very high end configuration rig needed..Please suggest

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
^^

Well mate,

as you could see i will be buying the components in may so it is too early to finalise the specifications of computer..

I am still researching on some components..I hope you understand that i am trying to not to waste the hard earned 300k for any crap component...

Things which are sure is:

intel i7 980x
asus RAMPAGE 3 extreme
liam li cabby
corsair dominator 12 GB @1600 MHz
logitech z550 speakers

please suggest me good keyboard + mouse under 10k..There are some provided in this thread but please suggest me as combo so that i can finalise it..

Suggest psu as well..

And yea i would be requiring ups as well.. Please suggest regarding the same..

Regarding graphics card ,ill research a bit more on these options provided above and then finalise it and would let you people know..

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Please suggest some good 80gb ssd as well which is(or would be) available in India ..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
You ever assembled a system..? Put the hardware pieces together on your own..?

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
4 times...

But have never assembled this high configuration...

Anyways ,i would ofcourse take the help of uncle, about whom i mentioned earlier,to assemble the system into cab...

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Especially for liquid cooling and stuff as he has done it 3-4 times before..

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
@kanishka

But i guess u should better invest in ATI GPU's now coz they seriously are beasts...
I mean I being a nvidia fanboy still say this due to the performance ATI GPU's have over the nvidia one's now and due to some reason I don't know why but Nvidia's strategies of toppling ATI aren't faring out well....
So it seems better to go for a GPU from ATI now and i'm sure ATI will do something about 3d vision and come up with something in the nick of time...So hold on for that...

Cheers,
sid_gamer

Piyush

Lanaya

i totally and frankly disagree with u
.....there is no way and i jus cant see y a gtx480 wud fry the mobo..?? expecially wen the OP (kanishka) is goin for the ultimate mobo (Asus rampage 3 extreme).... with a Lian li PC A7110 cabinet, the best i can see in the market (for 18K)... along with swiftech's water cooling kit...plus 6additional fans in the cabinet.. and if anyone still fries his/her mobo, then its jus a MISMANAGED cable and cooling management......

if he (kanishka) is so much worried abt heat, then i hv got solutions for the same (provided) he atleast make a final decision abt his FINAL core i7 based rig config.. (wich we all are praying to dear lord) tat he does is asap..lol....
asingh and crow already posted what i wanted to
u see that
he's in raipur(pretty hot)
have u ever noticed why AMD athlon series(3 years back) was a crap in india?(even i still have a AMD athlon 64 proccy)
just because of heating issues
dude ,as a student of microprocessor modeling and computer architecture,
i strictly recommend him to go for ati 5970 card bcoz of 2 reasons
1>it is faster as hell
2>it is a lot cooler than the nvidia's microwave edition gfx cards

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Well guys i think it is better to go for ati hd 5990 only because it has far superior performance and low heating than nvidia gtx 480...

Please suggest me keyboard + mouse under 10k,a good psu within 15k-17k,good ups,and some good SSD

azaad_shri75

BE FREE
^ go for tagan or CM Real power ones, as Corsair does not have more than 1000W models, K/B+Mouse- you can select any from logitech or M$ combos available from 4k+( premium models), and UPS - go for SUA 1500I Smart UPS.

vicky2008

Broken In
For such a costly rig, try a good liquid cooling solution. I will suggest Aquagate Max with Aquagate NC-1 and HAF 932 or the Coolermasters Sniper. Look for dust filters in the fans too.

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Hmmm.....Which tv tuner shall i go for??

Also, Please let me know whether it would make any hassles with graphics card??

OP
K

kanishka

In the books..Studying
Please let me know whether do i have to import the alienware monitor from Singapore or is it available in India?

Thanks

harryneopotter

Padawan
Alienware monitors are available in india, and they are available on SMC's website also which i gave above i.e.

SMC International/Monitors

Last edited: