Vegetarian vs Non- Vegetarian

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Essentially we are all non-vegetarians gulping ton of bacteria and insects in night.What we do in day sometimes becomes totally irrelevant.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
What do you guys think about this one Sky burial - Wikipedia

good/bad/agree/disagree etc ?

Note: this is one not pin-pointing any religion, but just our views on the subject

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
What do you guys think about this one Sky burial - Wikipedia

good/bad/agree/disagree etc ?

Note: this is one not pin-pointing any religion, but just our views on the subject
No opinion really. People are free to practice whatever funeral rites they want to practice. The deceased don't really have a say in the matter.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
At the expense of being a hypocrite since I consume non-veg, I'd say being veg is a good thing if anyone can. I can't find any reason to eat non-veg stuff if a person easily has the alternative of being a vegetarian.
But right now I just don't care much about about animal life and I continue to eat, If the day comes when I feel more sympathy, I'll reduce/stop eating non-veg food.

Hrishi

I eat not veg to make sure those birds and animals don't rule the world. I specially don't like the idea of earth being overcrowded by lots of chickens.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Pasapa

Live to die another day
I eat not veg to make sure those birds and animals don't rule the world. I specially don't like the idea of earth being overcrowded by lots of chickens.

It's nice to hear that people like you exist who fight bravely against the chicken army .

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin

Enjoying your position on the top of the food chain?

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
There is a Movie..
Grave (2016) - IMDb
When a young vegetarian undergoes a carnivorous hazing ritual at vet school, an unbidden taste for meat begins to grow in her.

Also in today's newspaper
3.jpg

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Actually, they are made for meat, at least some of them. We have canine teeth and are omnivores.

No we don't. Dogs have teeth that can rip apart flesh. Also we dont have claws that can catch hold a prey & out intestines are longer than flesh eaters since they need to get rid of the meat quickly.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are confusing eating raw meat with cooked meat.Humans discovery of controlled fire allowed them to eat meat without using "carnivore teeth". Cooked meat is fundamentally different from raw meat so any argument about humans not evolved/predisposed to eat meat is wrong.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
what do you mean by getting rid of meat?
Carnivores can obtain nutrients from meat quickly & easily unlike herbivores who requires a complex digestive system including long intestines to process & extract nutrients from the food.Because of this carnivores need to take shit(no pun intended) more often than herbivores.However this is applicable when we are talking about raw meat,properly cooked meat is good enough to be handled by human digestive system.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No we don't. Dogs have teeth that can rip apart flesh. Also we dont have claws that can catch hold a prey & out intestines are longer than flesh eaters since they need to get rid of the meat quickly.
What logic is that? It's common sense that human body can process meat just fine regardless of whether you are brought up as a vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Only consuming vegetarian food does not mean that you will die if you consume non-vegetarian food someday, contrarily you body will still benefit regardless.

Vegetarianism is a choice, that's all. The only person judging you is you yourself.

Also, humans don't have claws because we evolved to rely on tools instead.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
What logic is that? It's common sense that human body can process meat just fine regardless of whether you are brought up as a vegetarian or non-vegetarian. Only consuming vegetarian food does not mean that you will die if you consume non-vegetarian food someday, contrarily you body will still benefit regardless.

Vegetarianism is a choice, that's all. The only person judging you is you yourself.

Also, humans don't have claws because we evolved to rely on tools instead.

Logic is we are changing natural process.

Top Bottom