VCD Quality Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

valtea

In the zone
I'm doing some video editting work in which i have to edit files from 3 VCD's into 1 VCD.
I use Ulead video Studio 8 for the rough cutting and then pinnacle studio 8 for the transistions, title etc... In both the programms i use Pal VCD as the project setting and output files in the same format.
My problem is that when i wiewed my mreg file the quality seemed to be loss. there are blurs and some colour deterioration when there is a sharp change of colour (like Banner of white text on a red cloth). And sometimes the screen turns green while the Audio is alright.
Is this because of my MPEG Decoder or Direct X
I am using windows XP SP1 and DX 9b.
Is there any way to increase the quality of my final output file?

Thanking you.

prashantrana

Right off the assembly line
compression will always mean loss in quality (i.e. if you are converting 2100mb into 700mb)

but if you are deleting some portions/etc then it may be due to the graphics card/chipset. Update the drivers and also tell what config are you using.

Also NSTC is better, try that option. with 29.794 frames/sec and Bit rate between 1350kbps to 1600kbps

if u r an Indian creating video for Indian TV system, u must use PAL [25 fps] settings.

video on VCDs r in 352x288 pixels with somewhat poor quality due to MPEG encoding. so, it is quite troublesome to produce a stable & good quality video using VCD files as source. but u have still some options.

first, try Adobe Primiere Pro v1.5. it has some filters that may enhance your video quality.

second, try Ulead Media Studio Pro v7.0 or, later.

third, try Pinnacle Studio v9.0 or, later with Hollywood FX Pro v5.2. Studio 9 has some great video filters specially for your purpose.

try these & let us know the results.

...friends_for_all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom