Vaio Laptop problem

monkey

Padawan
I had bought Vaio SVS13112ENS laptop in August 2012. The Laptop had been working fine till October 2013 where after it refused to start without power supply. When it did boot I was shown the message that "The battery is not connected". I took the laptop to Sony Service Center where they told me that the motherboard will have to changed and it would cost me 18.5k

I, however, chose to keep using the laptop for few more months until today when I was greeted with Blue Screen. I had not installed any software or hardware to the laptop and it had been working fine till yesterday night. So this Blue Screen got me confused.

Now I am not able to boot my laptop under any condition (Normal or Safe mode). Moreover I am not able to access the recovery section (on the HDD) also as the blue screen keeps coming (error messages I get are "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT" and "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT).

What is wrong with the laptop? Is it software or hardware problem?

I have Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 installed on the lappy.

Please help!

Create a bootable pendrive containing memtest86+ and run the RAM test by booting from it. Also, connect the HDD to some other PC and check the HDD hea;th using Crystal DiskInfo.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
I have tried running the tests but the Blue Screen prevents any from completing. Since the memory module is soldered to the MoBo I think I will have to go for (expensive) repair!! :cry:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Where were you getting battery not connected error?

PS: vaio has got dirt cheap extended warranty schemes, you should not have missed on that. On top of that, parts are most costly.

I'll suggest you to approach a local shop. Even though he might not be able to fix your recovery partition but the cost saving will be HUGE.

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
"Battery not connected" was being shown in the taskbar (the power symbol next to the clock in the laptops). I tried all s/w and h/w methods to check if it was any other problem but couldn't find any other reason except the motherboard problem. Later I found out that one of my nephew too suffered similar problem with his 15-month old Vaio.

The extended warranty was being offered only during the purchase. I couldn't buy it later. Pathetic!

Anyways, I have given the lappy to Sony service center. It will cost me a bomb but I couldn't take any chances as this lappy will be used by my father who often travels.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
"Battery not connected" was being shown in the taskbar (the power symbol next to the clock in the laptops). I tried all s/w and h/w methods to check if it was any other problem but couldn't find any other reason except the motherboard problem. Later I found out that one of my nephew too suffered similar problem with his 15-month old Vaio.

A not so similar battery problem occurred with me also, and but it was solved with a simple format.

The extended warranty was being offered only during the purchase. I couldn't buy it later. Pathetic!

At least they are providing it so cheap, most of the other companies don't do so. It's always recommended to opt for extended cover as the first thing after buying a laptop.

Anyways, I have given the lappy to Sony service center. It will cost me a bomb but I couldn't take any chances as this lappy will be used by my father who often travels.

There is nothing like service centre guys repair better than local shops.

Top Bottom