utorrent speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
i get average speed of 40kbps (100+ seeds)

is this normal?

is there any way to accelerate the speed?

i have Airtel 384kbps Unlimited

thanks

[FONT=verdana,arial] Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.
A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port ***** on 122.***.**.***...

OK! Port ***** is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.[/FONT]

PS: i can't find a similar thread so i created this new one

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
is it 40 KBps (witha capital KB) or jus 40kbps( with a lower case kb) ??

Well if it is 40 KBps (kilo BYTES) , then its the good speed, and u jus do not hv any complains..

but..

if it is jus 40 kbps (kilo bits) then this is definately NOT a stable or a good speed for ur torrent...
---------------------------------

Also, since ur port is forwarded, u shud be getting 40 KBps (jus check ur post) if u meant kbps or KBps...

---------------------------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
thanx a lot for the screenshot,

well its 40KBps (kilo bytes) wich is 40 x 8=3200kbps and its the best speed that u are getting so relax and keep d/loading....

_________________________-

Cheers n e-peace....

--------------------
jus reduce the speed of upload for that torrent or in general for all torrents by goin to Options > Preferences > Connections > Global max upload rate to say values lower than ur d/load speed say 35-36,,

Last edited:

tuxybuzz

Ballack Junior
the speed seems fine for 384(considering it is 40 KB and not 40 kbps)..
anyways the speed doesnt only depend on the seeders you have to see the leechers as well if they outnumber the seeders by a big margin it is quite possible that you will get lower speeds..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

absolutely,

also adding to the above point, it (the speed of d/load) also depends on the speed at wich the uploaders are uploading the stuff, so even if u are the fastest guy around (With the best dsl conn.) and the uploaders are slower than u, then u will hv to d/load as and wen the uploaders upload the data... :)

secondly, torrents from pvt trackers like demonoid will hv a constant speed equivalent to ur d/load speed,..

but in most of the cases....its the seeders to leechers ratio wich plays the major part.

Cheers n e-peace....

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
KB = kilo bytes ...... the speed shown in uTorrent

kb = kilo bits ...... the speed told to u by ur ISP so that u lose ur sanity and think its really 384KB/s and dance arround ...

always divide the speed told to u by ur ISP with 8 :) then u get speed in KB/s

jal_desai

In the zone
40 kBps is good?????? i doubt tht... i have BSNL connection 256kbps (i know they say UPTO 2 Mbps) i normally get 120 kBps of torrent speeds.. i have even posted a screenshot in some thread when i got above 200 kBps speed

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
i got 200+ speeds many a times when i was on H1000 ....... i got 220KB/s while d/loading Nero 8, 215KB/s while d/loading Photoshop CS3 and a whopping 248KB/s while d/loading Coldplay's new album :) ..

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Whats the point? I get these speeds on H500 itself... :p 225 KBPS for nero, 250 for Photoshop CS3, 245 for Illustrator and Dreamweaver(seperately)

2 mbps /8 = 256 kBps

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^i had H500, H100 and now m on H750UL (bcoz my dad made a horrible mistake while filling the app., he chose H750UL by mistake instead of H1350UL) and so i filled the app. again and changing to H1350UL next month :).

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
40 kBps is good?????? i doubt tht... i have BSNL connection 256kbps (i know they say UPTO 2 Mbps) i normally get 120 kBps of torrent speeds.. i have even posted a screenshot in some thread when i got above 200 kBps speed

40kBps is good .... In the sense that his connection is 384kbps .... Not upto 2mbps.

But in case of BSNL... U normally get speeds of 200+ kBps as they are upto 2mbps.

yup, but the d/load rate really vary wen ppl like me d/load games via torrents wich are 5-6GB ones :D

Correct.
Cuz there are a heavy no. of leechers and speed continually divides.
And we get very less speed.:(

^^ Whats the point? I get these speeds on H500 itself... :p 225 KBPS for nero, 250 for Photoshop CS3, 245 for Illustrator and Dreamweaver(seperately)

2 mbps /8 = 256 kBps

And u got 250kBps :shock: ... Nice :)
Mine maximum on H500 is 225 kBps.

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ I dont know about lucknow, but 250 kBps is common in chennai. My friend downloaded a linux distro from torrent in 250 kBps, give or take 5 kBps.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ thats rewally good speeds

But here in Mumbai although the MTNL's TRIBAND claims to be giving speeds of the so called UPTO 2 mbps, there never reach that speeds... :(

but even though i hv a 256 kbps connection, my d/loads are 200-210 kbps.... :D
----------------------

Cheers n e-peace....

acewin

Point Blanc
43-45 KBps is general in Airtel 384 KBps unlimited plan.
I get 33-36 KBps in Home 256 unlimited plan.

People generally prefer other plans which give upto 2 MBps and night free 2 am to 8 am.
As with the speed you get your dload is more than any of unlimited plans which you would mostly need because you need to be connected 24x7.

and 250KBps is very common download rate in the 2MBps plans.

And about seeds, I get 1K+ peers according to the torrent file being in dload.
If you get 40 seeders for any torrent it would be considered as heavily transferred file.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

for the airtel plan, do we need an airtel landline too ?? currently im using MTNL's 256 kbps night UL plan... tell me how can i switch to airtel (as the speeds are really mouth waTERING :D:D ) for the 384 Kbps UL plan. plz giv sum more details ..

cheers n e-peace....

and which location are u from.. im from mumbai, goregaon -east and i get 190-200 kbps on my MTNL 256 kbps UL plan...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom