uTorrent Download Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
no hard feelings here too.

In management I've studied that conflicts encourage creativity, so cheers.

And yes I'm studying commerce and still i'm here in this forum.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Engineering here too (almost on the verge of completion of my B.E, just 2 months left) :D

SO, even i knw tat engineers get into debates wich encourage creative stuff, wat say Dheeraj ?? :D:D

Cheers n e-peace...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Someone said at the Programming forum, they advised FilledVoid to calm down from debating, because its summer, and we have to be cool :)

Dunno, summer makes me hot-headed, so do noobish posts, and you'll hafta wait for winter to check me out then. :)

Anyway, on topic again, I am getting good speeds myself, and because some forumers cant, here are some tips:

*compnetworking.about.com/od/bittorrent/qt/bittorrentports.htm
*www.slyck.com/story493_Solving_Slow_BitTorrent_Download_Speeds

Both of them are quite good, I followed them when I wanted to increase my speed. Now I dont use them, but I got good enough results with them.

You can actually find lots of material to do if you search google for "increasing bittorrent download speeds"

And this one is VERY good, with pictures and all for noobs, and I use most of the tips here:

*www.bootstrike.com/Articles/BitTorrentGuide/

And I get 220+ KBPS on a BSNL 2 mbps(sorry was MBPS before and gave ashu888ashu888 a confusion :D) connection. Thats 36 KBPS less than the maximum supported, folks :D

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
And I get 220+ KBPS on a BSNL 2 MBPS connection. Thats 36 KBPS less than the maximum supported, folks :D

220+ KBPS or kbps Dude ??? :eek::eek: and do u hv a night unlimited connection (00.00 hrs to 08.00 hrs free limit wala?? )

I hv a Night UL from MTNL and it also says Upto 2 Mb, currently Im getting 25-26 KBPS i.e 200-208 kbPS on torrents...

Cheers n e-peace...

upendra_gp

In the zone
Yup i have checked there is no such option :(
and yes it's my router address...My modem is UTSTARCOM UT300R2U there is an section for this in portforward website but it's MTNL and there is option avilable but mine is BSNL and there is no such option :((
hi buddy! i too had the same problem. After a lot of googling i found this solution. go to router in advanced go to NAT and there DMZ host.
now run cmd and there type this command "ipconfig /all ". Note down the IP Address and write it in NAT as well as DMZ host. And u r router's work is done. Now select the port in uTorrent and go to windows firewall options through control panel. There add new port in exception and separately add the port no. that u selected in uTorrent both TCP and UDP. NOTE: PLEASE ENTER THE SAME PORT NO> IN BOTH UDP AND TCP AND USE IT!
Now restart the PC and check the port and it will be open.
Happy Downloading! Cheers!:)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
220+ KBPS or kbps Dude ??? :eek::eek: and do u hv a night unlimited connection (00.00 hrs to 08.00 hrs free limit wala?? )

I hv a Night UL from MTNL and it also says Upto 2 Mb, currently Im getting 25-26 KBPS i.e 200-208 kbPS on torrents...

Cheers n e-peace...

KBPS... B for BIG B - Amitabh :D. Kilo BYTES per second. I use BSNL Home 500 plan - Upto 2 mbps speed, starting from 256 kbps (not caps o_O) and 2:00 AM to 8:00 AM free downloads - I on an average download 3.5GB per night. More if better speeds, or just http downloads. Less if there are less seeds.

Well torrent is a different game altogether when coming to downloading.
It is different than how you download from download.com.
1.in utorrent =>options=>speed guide
check your speed
put ~80% of the upload (yes it is upload) value in the dropdown menu.
Hit OK. other values are there by default.
2. try torrents with better seeder:leecher ratio
3. Always seed as long as you can afford
4.Do not Hit and Run
5.Join a private tracker, for that you have to have DHT disabled.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
1.in utorrent =>options=>speed guide
check your speed
put ~80% of the upload (yes it is upload) value in the dropdown menu.
Hit OK. other values are there by default.

Buddy, my Upload speed is set to 11 KBps (in actual in uTORRENT), after a test at speedtest.net, I got my D/load speed as 220kbps and uplaod as 202 kbps) "k" is small in kbps

So wat is this 80% thing ?? im a bit confused !! U mean to say that if my uplaod MAX speed is 202 kbps, so 80%of that wil mean 0.8 x 202= 161.6 kbps= 20.2 KBPS

So, i shud set my uplaod speed (in uTORRENT) as 20.2 KBPS instead of 11 KBPS ??

Cheers n e-peace...

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Actually, I recommend 2 mbps plan users to set global upload speed to 10 KBPS for leeching, and higher for seeding. And 256 kbps users use 5 KBPS for leeching, and higher for seeding. Tested and works for maximum speed.

saiyanajay

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I had BSNL 750 plan-- unlimited 256 Kbps. U get a max of 35 and avg of 22-25 KBps in utorrent. Put it for 24 hrs and u get 2 GB. Good side-- unlimited, consistent download speeds for even torrents with low seeds.(the high speed connections suck when coming to low seeds). But still, Rs.750 is a bit too high.

good ya got lot of patience.

HMJ

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys
I'm using BSNL NIC card (115kbps)
I cant uplod any file even of 20-25 kbps
I was able to uplod when i brought it. but now i cant...
Please help me

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Uh, ease up, guys. They're new members and I think they're just following forum guides that tell everyone to search before starting a new thread, asking questions that have been answered before. They could even have landed in the old thread from a Google search. Don't scare them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom