utorrent download speed problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

smslca

Broken In
hi friends.........

iam using 256kbps unlimited package bsnl router.
normally my downlod speed will reach upto 38kbps in utorrent.i saw utorrent tweak on internet. after doing all said in it and applying EVID4226patch my download speed is not increasing 30kbps. but when i download exe and other files using IDM v12 download speed reaches to max of 40kbps before and now. then i uninstall the patch and reset all the tweaks i done but speed is still in 28,29kbps only.

how can i regain my speed back..

thanks for any replies....

jal_desai

In the zone
Make sure the ports are accepting the incoming TCP connections... To check this,

1) open utorrent.
2) goto Options >> Speed Guide
3) Click the Test if port is forwarded properly button
4) Ur default browser will open and will show u the result.
5) If the answer is "OK" , goto step 8, else goto step 6.
6) Put a random number (>10000) in the text box lying beside the Test if port is forwarded properly button. [I use 61281 and it works extremely good for me. I get speeds near 120 KBps]
7) Click Use selected settings button
8 ) Restart uTorrent.

Hope this works...

and never ever apply patches.. it screws up the whole thing... if some website suggest u some manual tricks then do it...because in this case YOU KNOW where u r making changes and can revert back if something goes wrong...

OP
S

smslca

Broken In
thanks jai....

i have changed the port.now i get max of 34kbps.but its not stabilising at 30's
within secs it getting down to 28 around

could u also give me a solution to stabilze it

thanks for ur solution

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
^do this
Set the value 15 or 20 for "Maximum no of connected peers per torrents" in preference tab , also reduce the total upload slots to less than 10 then it will stabilize

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
It also depends on the peers that u are connected to, and yes its completely different funda for d/loads via d/load managers like FDM or IDM..

And yes, u are getting really good speeds...so no problem with that..but if u are trying to say that u shud get a CONSTANT and stable speed of 30KBps for a torrent, then u are wrong my frend.. coz the speed actually depends on the seeders that u are connected to and how well they (the seeders) upload their data/files/parts....

I too hv a MTNL Night UL 256 kbps conn.. and i get a speed of 24-25KBps for a really good seeded torrent..

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, i too think so... :confused:

Btw, zyber, is that ur tried adn tested method of reducing no. of peers, wont that reduce the no, of seeders as well and in turn reduce the d/load speed ?

adi007

Youngling
the best thing is to use a random port and test which port gives max d/w speed

and one more thing enable encryption coz BSNL is often accused to throttle p2p speeds..
BTW i am getting 200-250 kbps on a 2 mbps home 500 plan

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Really? 256/8 = 32 KBPS max can be got, and 25KBPS is not poor, its above average.
certainly its a poor speed for well seeded torrent,one shud atleast get 25KBps without setting anything for a 256kbps connection.

Btw, zyber, is that ur tried adn tested method of reducing no. of peers, wont that reduce the no, of seeders as well and in turn reduce the d/load speed ?
yes it will reduce the no of seeders,but for 256kbps connection u dont need many seeders,reducing the no of connected peers per torrent reduces network overhead caused by all these connection,before doing this settings my speed varied between 24~32kBps(peers comes & goes) even for well seeded torrent,now its constant 30KBps,but u shud find ur optimum settings , mine is 15

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
certainly its a poor speed for well seeded torrent,one shud atleast get 25KBps without setting anything for a 256kbps connection.
Yup, i do get a constant speed of 24-25KBps on a really well seeded torrent (public one)
yes it will reduce the no of seeders,but for 256kbps connection u dont need many seeders,reducing the no of connected peers per torrent reduces network overhead caused by all these connection,before doing this settings my speed varied between 24~32kBps(peers comes & goes) even for well seeded torrent,now its constant 30KBps,but u shud find ur optimum settings , mine is 15

Where to do such changes of reducing the peers ? in uTorrent?

U downloading from a private tracker or public tracker?
Yaa, imp point asked...

Cheers n e-peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom