Useful Freewares...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Softpedia Giveaway ? Unlimited Licenses for Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

Softpedia giving away BitDefender 2015 Internet Security edition licenses in the link above.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i have a Lenovo B490 laptop with Toshiba 500 GB hard disk

in windows 7 it shows my hard disk is broken and may fail soon completely, the pc hangs up a lot, but on ubunutu, mint it works fine without any problem.

Can you guys please show me some good ISO image like linux to fix the error and keep the hard disk usable

any method to repair the hard disk

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The HDD may have bad sector so based upon the manufacturer of the HDD obtain the appropriate diagnostic tool. Perform a Long / extended scan to see actually what issue the HDD has and at the end of test if it's only bad sectors then the diagnostic tool will give you an option to fix the bad sectors. Best would be if you scan the HDD using some diagnostic tool like HirenBoot CD which comes with HDTune. HDTune on hiren boot CD can be used to pin point the problems your HDD is facing without relying on your installed copy of windows.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
thanks i will try hirens boot cd, also can you recommend some good and easy to use, jpg to pdf converter software

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Hope you didn't get!!
like me :lol:

:lol: got it .
not just one but three :D
just now :p
if you are fast enough ,do it now :)
and if you don't mind,
i have 2 more keys with 180 days of validity unused ;)

- - - Updated - - -

i got it in the first try. i received a 9month validity key though still unused as i have just activated norton antivirus 3 days back.

got it now :D

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
any software to know complete detail about my wifi card like, maximum speed it can support, manufacturing date etc

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Connection Keeper

Connection Keeper is an invaluable time-saving tool for dial-up users. This free program simulates Internet browsing (at a random interval) to prevent your connection from appearing idle, thus preventing your ISP from dropping the connection due to inactivity. Connection Keeper can also automatically close many types of popup windows, such as those asking if you wish to stay connected. And if the connection is lost, Connection Keeper can automatically dial back in, restoring the connection as fast as possible. Save your time and sanity - try Connection Keeper today!

Connection Keeper - Keeps your connection alive and automatically closes popup windows.

quagmire

Allllright !
Guys, I wanted to know if there is a freeware to store just the file structure of a particular folder (alongwith the names of all files inside). Something like this:

*docs.eiffel.com/sites/docs.eiffel.com/files/images/folders.png

Can it be stored in a file somehow?

The reason I need such a thing is I want to mail the just the file names along with the file structure to a friend to let him know exactly which files I have.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Guys, I wanted to know if there is a freeware to store just the file structure of a particular folder (alongwith the names of all files inside). Something like this:

*docs.eiffel.com/sites/docs.eiffel.com/files/images/folders.png

Can it be stored in a file somehow?

The reason I need such a thing is I want to mail the just the file names along with the file structure to a friend to let him know exactly which files I have.

am also interested to know a solution to it. for the time being, i just use 'copy filenames', and manually replicate the folder structure in an excel file.

EDIT: check if these two pages have something to assist:

Copy Files with their Directory Structure - FileBoss, The Power File Manager (but its a shareware. you could check any free alternative to it on alternative.to, or use it for trial if you need the software only temporarily)

Copy folder structure and filename only - TechSpot Forums

i will try these later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom