Useful Freewares...

$hadow

Geek in making
Guys I need a simple and quick pdf reader with just basic functionality no more unnecessary stuff. Any suggestion guys?

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
sumatra pdf

- - - Updated - - -

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/freeware/25901-useful-freewares-34.html

- - - Updated - - -

see this link it contains discussion on it..........

Vignesh B

Youngling
Guys I need a simple and quick pdf reader with just basic functionality no more unnecessary stuff. Any suggestion guys?
For just viewing pdf, the built-in reader of Chrome would also suffice. Or even Windows 8 has a built-in reader.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
FF and chrome both are major ram hogs. The only lightwieight browser still on the show is Opera 12.16.

waterfox is a ram hog too. with just 6-7 tabs, it crossed 1000MB ram quite fastly. depends on the websites too.

Is current Opera ver20 take too much RAM too ?

How good is Waterfox compare to FF ?

i did not feel much of a difference. probably why FF dropped the idea of releasing a 64 bit version ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^did they just really change the color of mozila firefox to blue...lol

*screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/333000/333406/waterfox-03-700x348.png

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
^^did they just really change the color of mozila firefox to blue...lol

*screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/333000/333406/waterfox-03-700x348.png
Honestly what I can see is that color and in task manager processes is no 32 exe of waterfox

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
From WaterFox's website :

What makes Waterfox fast?
A:Waterfox was compiled with Intel's C++ Compiler with the following optimisations: Intel's Math Library, SSE3, AVX for supported Intel processors, jemalloc, Profile-Guided Optimisation and the /O3 switch.

Why should I use a 64-Bit variant of Firefox?
A:64-Bit computing is the future! Any 64-Bit user will notice an instant increase in performance, but that is not the only advantage such as multi-tasking and improved stress handling.

may be it's more crash resistant then FF .. I don't know but WF looks and sounds more cool :D

*www.waterfoxproject.org/benchmarks.php

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
From WaterFox's website :

may be it's more crash resistant then FF .. I don't know but WF looks and sounds more cool :D

Waterfox - Benchmarks - The fastest 64-bit variant of Firefox on the web

it takes hell lots of ram. i did not feel any difference either.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
could be but for me it's woking Ok as I use it only for some secure websites. Anyway, Try SlimBrowser - it uses IE engine but lots better than original IE.

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
their website does not have any genius pdf software anymore but the last version [ 2.1 ] was available on some other freeware software websites but even they are not available anymore. Anyway, I may have the setup files of the last version so if you need I can upload them.

yep, it uses the sumatra engine but why the devs of this fine piece of app just disappeared is a little mysterious .. may be they were using source codes of some other apps too.

Genius PDF is available here and here at the time of writing, but the latest version being 2.0, not 2.1

Interestingly though, violation of rules might have contributed to their demise :shock: as this post suggests and the author of Sumatra PDF wasn't impressed

I never knew anything about Sumatra PDF until today (learning from you guys) so I downloaded it today and will probably stick with it, though I used to work with Genius a little while back

MusicBee is a full fledged audio / music manager rather than just a player [ have not used it for long ]. Anyway, will give it a try.

How about Mediamonkey ? Are those two better than Mediamonkey ? I know its not freeware

aaruni

The Linux Guy
not sure if this is the right thread, but anybody know how to get my hands on phpMyProxy? Can't seem to find the script on the official site, or anywhere else. phpMyProxy - free and Open Source PHP proxy script

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
hi guys,

i have downloaded lots of videos from youtube in MP4, WEBM, FLV format, i want to play this videos on TV, which onlly plays avi and other supported format,

can you plae suggest me good free video converter to convert all those youtube downloaded videos on tv usb

I have AOC 22" TV which has usb port to connect pen drive