Useful Freewares...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
PrintEco

Save Paper - Reduce Number of Pages Printed - PrintEco Software employs smart algorithms that optimize the content you are printing so it can fit on a smaller number of pages.

Save Time - Automatically Reformats Documents - Automatic optimization means less time reformatting documents and less clutter. PrintEco saves you valuable time, making you more productive.

Measure - Track & Quantify Savings - Track and measure the amount of time, money, and carbon footprint that PrintEco saves with our analytics dashboard.

Save Paper - Save Ink | PrintEco

sunbather

Right off the assembly line
Here is the link to a free online calculator for photovoltaic systems:

*valentin.de/calculation/pvonline/pv_system/en

Last edited:

sohan_92

In the zone
Hijack This
HijackThis inspects your computers browser and operating system settings to generate a log file of the current state of your computer. Using HijackThis you can selectively remove unwanted settings and files from your computer. Because the settings identified in a HijackThis log file can belong to both legitimate software and unwanted malware, it is important to use extreme caution when choosing to removing anything using HijackThis.

HijackThis also comes with a process manager, HOSTS file editor, and alternate data stream scanner.

Download HijackThis 2.0.4 - FileHippo.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TimeTask is a full-featured, easy to operate timing tools used to create a variety of timing tasks, such as reminders, open the document, run the program, play music, open web, shutdown, etc., to support once, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly as well as custom cycle time, and have the "effective time" detection mechanism, so you no longer miss the important work and things.

TimeTask is also a music file manager, can be freely customized grouping and playlists, so your music management and playback easier and more comfortable.

☆ Perfect combination of timer and music features, support multiple timing play music tasks.

☆ Have the "effective time" detection mechanism will not miss the task trigger.

☆ Music tree grouping is more intuitive, drag and drop operation, and does not limit the level.

☆ User-friendly interface, to support a variety of beautiful skin.

☆ Clean software, do not write to system registry and directory.

Maymeal Software - Powerful and efficient desktop tools

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Is anyone updating the first the page of this thread? I was looking for a freeware Antivirus software.
Avast started giving 'side-by-side configuration' error so had to uninstall it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you ( or some other member ) can go through all the 28 pages and make a list it would be more than great .. I will edit the first post with proper credit.

anyway, as for your free AV question try Avst, AVG or if you don't need to auto guard then try e-scan or kaspersky free versions.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no need to be sorry .. take your time and do it when you feel like - same goes for anyone else interested too ;-)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ if you ( or some other member ) can go through all the 28 pages and make a list it would be more than great .. I will edit the first post with proper credit.

anyway, as for your free AV question try Avst, AVG or if you don't need to auto guard then try e-scan or kaspersky free versions.

my exams just ended now..
i'll try to compile up the Pages from the starting.. :wink:

Theodre

In the zone
1. Burnaware- It is a good burning software which can be used for burning ....

2. qbittorrent - This is a bittorrent client which has been getting serious attention by everyone. I am using it and is good.

3. GUIminer - a GPU/CPU Bitcoin miner for Windows based on poclbm.

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ i dont post just as fun buddy.. my exams are over.. this will be a real pleasure.. :)

but dont think it'll be done in some days work..
just started working on this..
just wanted some tips and suggestions about how to compile. if you guys have any particular idea.. please suggest it here..

what i'm thinking.. :

the softwares will be classified (as it already is..) according to its classification on CNET Downloads and Softonic and if its not listed there, i'lll choose the genre myself and you guys can always tell me what to do.. :wink:
this format for every freeware. :

<Title of software with link of their website (no direct download links)> <Tdf link (the post where the software was first mentioned>
short description with a screenshot(screenshot only if it really helps

what i was also thinking was about an Excel File (that would be very fast and easy too :p ) (please tell me directly if you find this a bit funny or awkward or wrong. anything...:D)

Suggestions Required..

edit : also listing the websites where they suggest multiple Softwares for any work (like this)

Last edited:

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
^^ i dont post just as fun buddy.. my exams are over.. this will be a real pleasure.. :)

but dont think it'll be done in some days work..
just started working on this..
just wanted some tips and suggestions about how to compile. if you guys have any particular idea.. please suggest it here..

what i'm thinking.. :

the softwares will be classified (as it already is..) according to its classification on CNET Downloads and Softonic and if its not listed there, i'lll choose the genre myself and you guys can always tell me what to do.. :wink:
this format for every freeware. :

<Title of software with link of their website (no direct download links)> <Tdf link (the post where the software was first mentioned>
short description with a screenshot(screenshot only if it really helps

what i was also thinking was about an Excel File (that would be very fast and easy too :p ) (please tell me directly if you find this a bit funny or awkward or wrong. anything...:D)

Suggestions Required..

edit : also listing the websites where they suggest multiple Softwares for any work (like this)

i think the first step for u should be to update the first page with all the posts of freewares in this thread then u can easily rearrange the software according to genre later........

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ i'll compile it into a text file, i think and forward it to Akshay who'll update the first post as its his..
and yes.. i'll do it that way only..
genre thingy after the initial Compiling.

but was also thinking of an Excel File. Cuz updating will be as easy as bread butter and also users will be able to sort out things and we can add hash tags as to what the software does. (because when we want a software, we may not have enough time to search the whole thing..)

edit : and should i do the link to TDF mention too ?? cuz most of the links in the first pages are dead and i have to search for the software manually and paste the link to original website..
so is there any need of mention of the link to the TDF posts ??

suggest me asap. cuz i will start then..

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
^^ you dont actually need one because windows does it automatically.. if you are on a Win Machine.. (edit : not sure though, cuz i found that newer versions of my sound, Networking, graphics are available.. using the website below..)

BTW you may try this for :
*www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

also this website will update only the Intel Device Drivers.. not all..
you may also update any driver from Device Manager.

edit2- the intel website sucks badly..
it said that the driver is 34 KB (was happy for that..) , started download, it was 34 MB :evil:

Last edited:
Top Bottom