Use LED TV as monitor but connect it wireless

A

amit.tiger12

I want to use my LG 32LS4600 TV as monitor. But problem is that I want to make wireless connection.
My old computer has VGA port, USB ports (Gigabyte G41m combo mobo).
For TV ports check image.
3 HDMI ports, 1 USB port, 1 VGA etc

*tech.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/gallery/2012/oct/lg_32ls4600_4_011517016630_640x360.jpg

Attachments

• lg_32ls4600_4_011517016630_640x360.jpg
    lg_32ls4600_4_011517016630_640x360.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 142

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
[MENTION=209965]amit.tiger12[/MENTION] : whats the purpose ? watching movies or browsing or gaming or just using your monitor as desktop?

watching movies you can use chrome cast and cast the movies from Chromecast or Miracast devices. but anything else it would be a disappointment as there would be massive lag.

google these terms MiraCast, Chrome Cast, Screen mirroring.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

@amit.tiger12 : whats the purpose ? watching movies or browsing or gaming or just using your monitor as desktop?

watching movies you can use chrome cast and cast the movies from Chromecast or Miracast devices. but anything else it would be a disappointment as there would be massive lag.

google these terms MiraCast, Chrome Cast, Screen mirroring.

^ just using TV as monitor, but want it wireless. I want to connect it for sometime and remove it after.. I can't move cabinet keyboard mouse every time to make connection to TV as monitor (using VGA).

I thought about that, but Chromecast will not show my computer activity, what if I want to do some work on computer and TV as monitor? is it possible with that Chromecast?

okay will check that. anything else.
like wireless usb?
so my source for usb is cabinet and destination will be tv. ? is this kind available?

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't a hardware.
Intel® WiDi and Intel® Pro Wireless Display

ohh.. but TV should be wifi enabled?
my TV don't have inbuilt wifi, it's only LED TV, not Smart TV. :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
your best bet would be to use a Android Stick and do a RDP to you computer.

OP
A

amit.tiger12

^ you are talking something different.. I just want to use my tv as monitor but not wired. because it takes too long wire to reach out to tv, I use tv as monitor not regularly.
So whenever TV needed I required to move my computer near TV. For this I want to use wireless kind of thing.

*www.gadgetsarefun.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/gadgets_iogear_wireless_usb_to_vga_adapter-472x400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Intel WiDi is one option but I think it still will have input lag, also I don't know if there's any sort of wireless connection available which won't have any lag! So I guess getting one of them big arse cables is the only option.

mitraark

Decrepit
Nah it's not possible. You have to invest in some sort of hardware which will cost you as much as a cheap(est) PC itself.

Either get a PC with AMD X2 and M78 motherboard with 2 GB RAM, plus a TP Link USB Wireless Adapter total 7-8k, I have this setup, I play movies and videos from my main PC accessing them from Homegroup

or

Get a 15 m HDMI Cable.

Top Bottom