Status
Not open for further replies.

pramodv1988

Broken In
I recently reinstalled my Windows XP pro. Now whenever I plug in any USB device I have to restart my PC and only then the USB device is installed/detected. I dont remember making any changes as to effect this.

Please help
thanks

Pramod V

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Did you format your drive while reinstalling XP..or you have done re installation without format.

Make sure your XP SP2.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Not sure if this will help or not.. :

Make Sure Plug n Play Service is running.
Do this : - Open Run Box.
Type : Services.msc
Look for status of Plug and Play Service. It should be "Started" and set to automatic.

If its not started. and Set to automatic. Click on properties and set its startup type to Automatic.

Again I am not 100% sure that this will solve ur problem or not.

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
thank you people for your replies.

I have formatted my drives and then reinstalled. I dont have any service packs installed. I doubt whether this could pose any problem. Anyways I'll give it a try.

Also the plug n play service is started and is automatic startup type...so that seems to be ok.

this is what I see in device manager

*i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa118/pramodv1988/usb.jpg

What I dont understand is why one USB controller is being shown in Other devices. I dont remember how it was before I reinstalled my XP.I have tried installing it but am unable to do so. It isnt being installed automatically and always comes up when PC reboots. Found new hardware - "USB controller"

NucleusKore

TheSaint
No to above all. Your windows xp sp 2 has not detected your usb 2.0 properly.
1. Right click on Universal Serial Bus (Controller) with the ? sign
2. select update driver, no not this time, next, next
3. And your problem will be fixed :D

OP
P

pramodv1988

Broken In
Finally problem solved...Thanks everyone.
This is what I did.
Installed SP2
With the cd remaining in, I chose update driver for the USB controller in yellow.
Problem Solved.

Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom