USB Flash Drive Problem

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
The pendrive has been formatted multiple times in recent months. The last time , quick format was interrupted. Now it wouldn't even format again. Nothing happens upon Right Clicking-->>Format. If I Send any file to it , Error would pop up saying "Could not find this item".

Vignesh B

Youngling
I have read that flash drives have around 100,000 write/erase cycles, depending on the exact type of memory chip used. Though it seems improbable that such a number of write cycles have been reached, but it can't be ruled out.
Did you try using any other flash drive and check?
Also try re-installing the drive for the specific drive.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
pd won't let windows access it .. tried the diskpart utility nd it just wont format ..
have inserted ext hdd n its working fine..

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10740&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10741&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10742&stc=1

1st image is while trying to send file to pendrive...
in 3rd image.. Disk 1 is my pendrive , disk 0 is internal hdd , disk 2 is external..

Attachments

• pd1.PNG
    pd1.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 128
  • pd2.PNG
    pd2.PNG
    67.4 KB · Views: 133
  • pd3.PNG
    pd3.PNG
    13.6 KB · Views: 132

Vignesh B

Youngling
Am having the gut feeling that the memory might have been destroyed. Probably you might need to replace it. Anyway wait for other member's suggestions before proceeding.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
try HP USB disk storage format tool or try this command : Your PD letter ( say it's
H:/fs:ntfs

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have tried troubleshooting with these softwares:
1. Mini tool Partition Wizard
2. EaseUS Partition Master Free Edition
3. HP USB Tool

All of them don't show the Pendrive on their Home window about all drives.
The Pendrive is not under warranty.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
PD has tow part micro controller and the storage .. the MC is good so the PD is being detected but the storage part must havbe gone bad so there's not much you can do about theis PD anymore .. better get a new PD if you have to.

Top Bottom