Urgently Need Graphic Card within RS. 2500/-

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hello,

I need a graphic card within Rs.2500/-. I am giving a brief specification of my machine..

Processor : Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 1.8 Ghz

MOBO : Wipro 945GCT
Chipset : Intel i945P/G

Memory (RAM) : 2.5 GB
HDD : WD 1 TB

BIOS : American Megatrends
PSU : 250W

Please Suggest Some Good Cards which Can Play Games LIke Truck Simulator2, GTA4, FArcry, and other latest games at medium to high setting...

Regards in advance....

Please, I expect some good answers, do not joke...its the matter of my money....?​

snap

Lurker
what is the resolution you are going to play at? and i think you have to upgrade almost your whole pc.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
dude increase your budget ,you cannot play that games with rs 2500gpu.i suggest to raise it ti 4k and grab gt 630 2gb one

- ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 Synergy Edition 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card - ZOTAC: Flipkart.com

and stay with nvidia only for old motherboards

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
My Friend..I can raise the amount but still the problem with my psu..it is only 250watt..and if i go for higher gpu..then it consume more psu power...and i have to spend on my psu also...that's why I m trying to get gpu which comes within 250 watt and easily operate on my pc......

and To Snap Bro......I am using my pc with 1280*720p ..only ..and i would like to play the games on this resolution......

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
what about 610 1gb one because I read somewhere that 2 gb will not be fully utilized ...instead getting a 1gb model will suit best....Also, Please suggest some ATI/AMD cards...IF any one suite me ...

ASHISH65

Technomancer
what about 610 1gb one because I read somewhere that 2 gb will not be fully utilized ...instead getting a 1gb model will suit best....Also, Please suggest some ATI/AMD cards...IF any one suite me ...

you are right,but there is just 50rs difference between 1gb and 2gb,that is why.

gt 610 is best under 3k. amd gpus are pci exp 2.1 which have issues with old mobo with 1.0a. only after g31,g33,g41 are compaitale with 2.1 with appropiate bios update

saswat23

Human Spambot
You shouldn't pay anything more than 2.5k for a GT-610 (a re-badged GT-520).
Consider getting HD 5570 1GB DDR3 for 3.5k
This one will work fine with your PSU.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Thanks Saswat..But bro I found that that it require 400W of PSU as mention here PowerColor AMD/ATI Radeon HD5570 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card - PowerColor: Flipkart.com

I don't know whether it can run on my specs or Not...

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Thanks...Ashish Bro...I like your suggestion but What IF I go for gt 630 which you have mentioned earlier...can it be run easily and allow me for better experience....also please tell hd5570 is better or gt 630...thankyou

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Thanks...Ashish Bro...I like your suggestion but What IF I go for gt 630 which you have mentioned earlier...can it be run easily and allow me for better experience....also please tell hd5570 is better or gt 630...thankyou

gt 630 is faster than hd 5570

saswat23

Human Spambot
Performance wise both are almost same. May be the HD 5570 performs better in a few cases.
You wont go wrong going for any of these two. HD 5570 is a good card, but its old. GT-630 is a newer card.
If GT-630 costs anything above 3.5k then better get HD 6570 for 3.8k. Its a newer card and performs better than 630.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
I think hd6570 will not fit to my psu. as i have read many reviews about this card. on the other hand gt630 and 5570 looking to be great...please suggest the best one out of these two. both performance wise and compatibility. Please keep in mind my specs which i have mentioned earlier...

thankyou

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Also, please specify whether my processor is enough to perform well. i know its low but can i increase the performance by overclock it

ASHISH65

Technomancer
I think hd6570 will not fit to my psu. as i have read many reviews about this card. on the other hand gt630 and 5570 looking to be great...please suggest the best one out of these two. both performance wise and compatibility. Please keep in mind my specs which i have mentioned earlier...

thankyou

lol hd 6570 has just 1w more tdp,hd 5570 consumes 43w and hd 6570 consumes 44w

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - what's the brand name of the 250W PSU you have ? If it's a generic desi PSU then do upgrade to a better PSU before doing any futher upgrade. And don't get any high ideas about the cpu OC coz most of the OEM mobo manufacturer offers very limited to no option for OCing .. and then again you need a better cooler and possibly a better psu.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
+1 to a better PSU thing.. I guess instead of limiting your options on GC and rather trying to buy one now hurting your desi PSU thereby the whole PC in the process, try putting the money to good use by buying a PSU (heart of the pc) and think about a GC later..

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
hello TOpgear, My PSU is 'Power Man Model No. IP-S250T2-0 250W' I bought this system approx 5 yrs ago (in sept 2008, i think). till now there is not a single problem in my pc..i have upgraded some parts and they are working fine...

Now, I have to add graphic, please suggest some.nice

Top Bottom