Urgently Need Graphic Card within RS. 2500/-

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
@ OP - what's the brand name of the 250W PSU you have ? If it's a generic desi PSU then do upgrade to a better PSU before doing any futher upgrade. And don't get any high ideas about the cpu OC coz most of the OEM mobo manufacturer offers very limited to no option for OCing .. and then again you need a better cooler and possibly a better psu.
Thanks Ashish, If I get 6570 within RS.3800/- surely i will get that one........but if its not....which one should i go for.....either 5570 or gt 630.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hello TOpgear, My PSU is 'Power Man Model No. IP-S250T2-0 250W' I bought this system approx 5 yrs ago (in sept 2008, i think). till now there is not a single problem in my pc..i have upgraded some parts and they are working fine...

Now, I have to add graphic, please suggest some.nice

that's a decent PSU made by In Win if I'm not wrong .. anyway. one more question - what's the +12V apm rating of this PSU ? you should find this on a label/sticker of the PSU.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hey Topgear, I can't Find the ratings on psu. What could be the purpose for this..As you said, this is decent psu then may be it works well gt630 or hd6570 gpu. please tell me if I bought hd6570, will that gpu runs well on this my psu..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
In Win makes good PSus but the reason I asked you to post the PSU +12V amp rating is most of the components draw power from this ... and the +12V rating varies from depending on PSU model and manufacturer . For eg. your 250W PSU may only able to provide 200W on it's +12V rail, thenyou are all set but if it can deliver only 150-160 on the +12V rail then you need to upgrade the PSU and the only way to know this is tocalculate it using +12V x AMP , Now good psus should have decent +12V amp rating and this also degrades over time. So it's important to know what kind of load you PSU is able to handle as adding a gfx card will add extra ~50W load on the PSU.

HD6570/GT630 it does not matter as they have somewhat similar power consumption.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Ok Topgear, I tried to find the ratings and i found this on the sticker. it says +12 v1 =8.0A and +12V2 = 13.0A when combined it says 220 W. Is that enough...i think..and thanks for your kind information about this....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found on another datasheet that the combined power of +12V rail is 204W but still it's enough but make sure you just don't OC anything and add any more components.

OP
Jim Kirk

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Ok....I understand...What if I need to upgrade my cpu . Actually its quite low as 1.8ghz...I am thinking to buy intel i3 or i5 in coming days to play games without problem...Can i add that one......

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you change the cpu you need to change the mobo+ram as well and i3 might run fine with the PSU you have but for i5 you may need to get a new PSU.

Top Bottom