urgently need buying tips on vaio cb35

arjoonpk

Broken In
urgently need buying tips on sony vaio cb series(new vpccb35fn)
planning to buy it in 2 days...
need 2 know if its vulnerable 2 any complaints
like low sound problems or insensitive touchpad etc( hv heard simlar complaints on vaio e series laps )...

lap specs r:
Intel® Core™ i5-2430M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.00 GHz
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
HDD: 500 GB (Serial ATA, 7200 rpm)
15.5 (39.37 cms) wide (Full HD: 1920x1080) TFT colour display (VAIO Display Plus, LED backlight)
HD web camera powered by "Exmor"
MRP Rs 54,990 /-*
its available @ Rs 53000 @ ma place...
wanna know if its worth it...
pls help me out...

aniket.cain

Padawan
Well, the volume of the speakers is very low. But that is with all the VAIOs. The touchpad is textured, and it is a matter of taste. Some people like it, others don't. However when I tried it once at a VAIO store, I found it a bit jittery. Apart from that, no other problems. The FHD display is very nice, and so is the backlit keyboard. Though it is not a powerhouse in terms of performance, but it will suffice for general day-to-day needs. Just don't expect heavy gaming on maximum settings though.

OP
arjoonpk

arjoonpk

Broken In
guys hw about the i5-2430m processor....
the new vaio cb-35 carries a 2430m processor unlike its predecessor cb-15 which hd a 2410m...
nw is this 2430m thing any better.....??
anothr thing that struck me was the bluetooth 4.0 feature in the cb-35 specs.... phew...!! bluetooth 4.0....
cnt b a mistake cos i double checkd it with the specs in sony's official site..... so here do i need a blututh 4 enabld device 2 get the advantages of d same...??

Last edited:

Niilesh

Padawan
if you want to send data to your mobile using bluetooth 4.0 range and speed you should have a bluetooth 4.0 enabled mobile

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
guys hw about the i5-2430m processor....
the new vaio cb-35 carries a 2430m processor unlike its predecessor cb-15 which hd a 2410m...
nw is this 2430m thing any better.....??
anothr thing that struck me was the bluetooth 4.0 feature in the cb-35 specs.... phew...!! bluetooth 4.0....
cnt b a mistake cos i double checkd it with the specs in sony's official site..... so here do i need a blututh 4 enabld device 2 get the advantages of d same...??

Yeah, 2430M is obviously better than 2410M, mainly turbo boost wise.
2410-(2.3 to 2.9)
2430-(2.4 to 3.0)

Bluetooth 4.0 is the latest version to be incorporated in some health devies followed by apple, then finally sony. Unlike regular Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, the low-energy part of the 4.0 specification allows devices to communicate using almost no power. Check this Bluetooth low energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also.
The Bluetooth low energy protocol is not backward compatible with classic Bluetooth protocol

OP
arjoonpk

arjoonpk

Broken In
heyy guys... i finally did buy d lap k.... thnx for helping me buying it.. great machine, shld say... i luv it.... d display s just awesum.... d baklit keyboard is so cool.... worth d 50k... its been almost a mnth nw... its been all going wel... bt since last week i strtd 2 hv dis problem with d power notification in the desktop tray... in the customization window it says the notification is currently not active.... can anyone tell me wat d problem is... pls help me out here ....

Top Bottom