(URGENT!!)Need to buy P45 motherboard+DDR3 RAM+600W PSU under 13K

elton_1991

Broken In
Hi guys,
I need to buy a P45 motherboard and 600W PSU since my old MB and PSU got burned out due to voltage fluctuation :-(
I have no idea what the price of a p45 MB is right now and am buying one from Lamington tomorrow!Plz suggest which one I should get.For the PSU,am thinking of getting a Corsair CX600 and depending if the MB supports DDR3 or not(I already got corsair 2x2GB DDR2 RAMs),I'll be getting a pair of 2GB Ripjaws DDR3 RAMs.Plz suggest if there's anything better than the PSU and RAMs Im getting before 2AM tonight.My budget is 10k-13k.
Other components I already have:
C2D 7500E
MSI GTX260 TF v2(216SP)
Cooler Master Mid-tower cabinet

Thanks in advance!

Cilus

laborare est orare
P45 mobo availability is in question now; you will get plenty of G41 based mobos. Since you're already having two DDR2 modules, my suggestion is to get the DDR2/DDR3 combo boards from Gigabyte or Asus. They'll let you use your current Ram modules as well as open for future upgrades with DDR3 ram.

Try to get the Gigabyte G41-Combo motherboard, having 2 DDR3 and 2 DDR2 slot (both can't be used simultaneously). Price will be around 2.7K

For PSU I'll suggest GS600 for any kind of future upgrades. Price is around 4K.

If you are ready for DDR3 then

Motherboard: Asus P5G41T-M LX @ 2.5K
Ram: Corsair 4GB 1333 MHz DDR3 single stick @ 1.2K
PSU: Corsair GS600 600W 80+ PSU @ 4K

Total: 7.7K

icebags

Technomancer
@elton_1991
+1 for G41 chipsets.
you should check GIGABYTE GA-G41M-Combo & GA-G41MT-S2P boards too. Then you can use DDR3 1333MHz RAMs @1333MHz by overclocking or @1066MHz without overclocked. but, nvm the overclock, you stock CPU bus is 1066MHz anyways.

@Cilus
how come u guys are suggesting single RAMs nowadays ? dual-channel memory concept is still around i think..... :reading:

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ The reason we are suggesting a single 4 GB module is that it is the current standard size for DDR3 ram and the price is just couple of hundred bucks higher than the 2GB module. So adding a 4GB module will let him add another 4GB later to run it in dual channel config. 2ndly it also saves one of our ram slots and it is very helpful with the motherboards having only 2 memory slots....letting it add more ram if required.
Regarding dual channel concept, obviously you'll get some improvement but believe me, that improvement is really negligible in real life for most of the applications. It is not a very big deal.

Top Bottom