URGENT:Need a .dat to .3gp/.mpeg converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhas_sm

Journeyman
I searched hell lot but none of them seem to support teh dat format :shock:
tried downloading Nokia MMC as suggest in some other thread but my for my bad luck i am unable to register in nokia forums so that i can download. other s are sharewares :?
Pls help i need it to convert those .dats into .gp3s for my dad's cell :roll:

TY in advance.

OP
S

suhas_sm

Journeyman
I m lookinf for a freeware.
Also i tried Nokia MMC even that doesnt support .Dat files :?
ANY good alternative ?
Need that urgently pls help !

G

gxsaurav

use xilisoft video converter, select 3gp as the output, 128 Kbps for Video, & if it's normal video, then Amr narrowband audio, but i it's a video song then 32 kbps, 44.1 KHz audio

suhas_sm said:
I m lookinf for a freeware.
Also i tried Nokia MMC even that doesnt support .Dat files :?
ANY good alternative ?
Need that urgently pls help !

.DAT isn't a format, it's a container. You're .DAT file from VCD contains MPEG1 video. Use freeware VCDGEAR to convert it to .MPEG. Now you can try Nokia MMC.

- Keith

asim13june

Broken In
Total Video Converter

hi buddy,

posting after a long time, well the solution to your problem TVC ( Total Video Converter ) you can convert to many formats using this software its not a freeware but still u can use it, just remember the installation date and whenever you want to use this software set ur computer date to the installation date and buddy you done the software will work.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
You can use Smart movie player insted !!!

It come with its own converter and it give a 1000 time better video quality than any .gp3 player !!!

rachitboom2 said:
You can use Smart movie player insted !!!

It come with its own converter and it give a 1000 time better video quality than any .gp3 player !!!

Smart Movie rocks, heaps better that Nokia MMC, but ain't free.

Gaurav

In the zone
try mpeg4 direct maker (shareware)
*www.artech365.com/

MPEG4 Direct Maker Converts VCD/DVD/QuickTime/AVI/WMV/MPG/RM/RealVideo to divx/xvid/wmv/avi/mpg1/mpeg2/vcd/dvd/mp4/mov/3gp format, Get VHS quality video clips in 400KBPS,Get DVD quality video clips in 800KBPS!

MPEG4 Direct Maker includes:
Advanced DVD Converter
DVD Converter
VCD/MPEG/AVI/WMV/ASF/VOB Converter
QuickTime Converter
AV Player
DVD Player
RealVideo Converter

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Keith Sebastian said:
Smart Movie rocks, heaps better that Nokia MMC, but ain't free.

So what, just download 2 ver. of it from diff sites and install alternatively whenever one gets expired !!!

jay4u

In the zone
Use VCDcutter to convert .dat to .mpg and then download any other file convertors or nokia mmc to convert it to .3gp

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
jay4u said:
Use VCDcutter to convert .dat to .mpg and then download any other file convertors or nokia mmc to convert it to .3gp

Hey dude you can simply rename .dat to .mpg to covert it !!!
No need for VCD Cutter !!!

tgjsmj

Right off the assembly line
you can just use a freeware iWisoft Free Video Converter for that conversion, it supports all video formats including .dat to .3gp, very good result, better than most paid programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom