urgent help required...programs won't run

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

please refer to this thread to know the beginning of my problems...*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119024

i scanned my PC using avira & a single Trojan was detected.after the virus scan was over & the trojan deleted the PC now boots,restarts & shuts down normally..the PC is also quite fast enough but certain programs are not running.

now the problems- when i try to run the following programs i get these error messages-

1.firefox- the instruction at "ox8b21ab63"referenced memory at "0x8b21ab63".the memory couldnot be "read".click on OK to terminate the program.

2.maya- opens fine but the viewport doesn't show up.when i close it,this message appears- Fatal error.attempting to save in c;/DOCUME~/....failed

3.3ds Max- Error loading DLLs. DLL<D:\softwares\max 09\stdplugs\digilib.dlz> failed to initialize.error code 998- invalid access to memory locatio

4.photoshop- the exception unknown software exception(oxc06d007e)occured in the application at location 0x7c212aeb

5.BurnAware Free- Error: can't load library :kernel 32.dll

also when i try to close a program after getting these error messages i receive the following message- the system is shutting down.please save all work in progress and log off.any unsaved changes will be lost.the shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM.

time before shutdown: 00:00:60

message: windows must now restart because the DCOM server process launcher service terminated unexpectedly.

is my RAM faulty? everything was running fine till last night.. what should i do now? should i get my RAM replaced? i also ran MemTest 86+ for 2 passes & no errors were found. please help.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 26636

cleaned the registry using CCleaner...also ran Koshy John's DiskMax..even defragmented the registry:sad:...still the problems remain....also i should add that only the above mentioned programs are not running...all other programs like avira, comodo, 7zip, CCleaner & even all my games are running(now playing GTA 4, wanted)...so i suspect it might not be the RAM but maybe a virus or something that remained undetected. should i download a trial version of kaspersky & run a scan again?

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Use 'Tune up utilities' and clean the unwanted registry then install 'comodo anti-virus' or any other good software and update and boot windows in safe mode then try scanning with your anti-virus.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

thanx....will try to run a scan using another antivirus..BTW, is comodo internet security good enough...currently i have only the comodo firewall installed.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Do a malware scan with MalwareBytes' Antimalware or Trojan Remover. And if they don't work, then do a 8-X kill with Noob Killer. And if you have TU 2009...do a hard disk scan with TuneUp Disk Doctor.

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

the strangest thing happened- i wanted to install Kaspersky antivirus 2010 trial version so i uninstalled both comodo & avira & at once all the programs are running fine....now i don't have an antivirus or fiewall but all the programs are running...what should i do?should i reinstall these or switch to something else? what free alternatives do i have anyway?

OP
D

Deleted member 26636

thanx for the help guys...i reinstalled avira but uninstalled comodo & the issue was resolved.but please help me with this problem- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1138509#post1138509
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom