urgent help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanjagga

Broken In
Hi guys:cool:
I have 1 template that is without xml file and i want to make this template compatible with CMS( zoomla):confused:
If any one can help me in this matter
PLz! guys plz! guys help me!:)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
can u elaborate, wats the template, post it here.

May be then someone can help u.

OP
amanjagga

amanjagga

Broken In
T159 said:
can u elaborate, wats the template, post it here.

May be then someone can help u.
I have this template and want to use this with zoomla

*www.boxedart.com/phpshop/info.php/mp_/16378

plz! help

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
amanjagga said:
I have this template and want to use this with zoomla

*www.boxedart.com/phpshop/info.php/mp_/16378

plz! help
hey thats paid one, so unless and until someone can get a copy of that he/she cant make XML file for that.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
amanjagga said:
Dude i have the copy i have suscribe to it
yeah thats true:) but then how someone can help u without even knowing the structure of that template.

You need an XML for that and without getting elements and attributes in theat template one cant create XML file for u.

Perhaps this will help u
*www.mambosolutions.com/dw_tutorial/#top

And here is one software to generate template.xml for any template:
*webscripts.softpedia.com/script/Modules/Joomla-Mambo-Modules/Automated-template-xml-creator-8500.html

Guess it helps u out :D

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<install version="1.5" type="template">
<name>TemplateTutorial15</name>
<creationDate>August 2007</creationDate>
<author>Barrie North</author>
<copyright>GPL</copyright>
\n <authorEmail> This email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it </authorEmail>
<authorUrl>www.compassdesigns.net</authorUrl>
<version>1.0</version>
<description>First example template for Chapter 9 of the Joomla Book</description>
<files>
<filename>index.php</filename>
<filename>templateDetails.xml</filename>
<filename>js/somejsfile.js</filename>
<filename>images/threecol-l.gif</filename>
<filename>images/threecol-r.gif</filename>
<filename>css/customize.css</filename>
<filename>css/layout.css</filename>
<filename>css/template_css.css</filename>
</files>
<positions>
<position>user1</position>
<position>top</position>
<position>left</position>
<position>banner</position>
<position>right</position>
<position>footer</position>
</positions>
<params>
<param name="colorVariation" type="list" default="white" label="Color Variation" description="Color variation to use">
<option value="blue">Blue</option>
<option value="red">Red</option>
</param>
</params>
</install>
only if u can understand it u can do it manually

Explaination

• <install version="1.5" type="template">. The contents of the XML document are instructions for the backend installer. The option type="template" tells the installer that we are installing a template and that it is for Joomla 1.5.
  • <name>TemplateTutorial15</name>. Defines the name of your template. The name you enter here will also be used to create the directory within the templates directory. Therefore it should not contain any characters that the file system cannot handle, for example spaces. If installing manually, you need to create a directory that is identical to the template name.
  • <creationDate>August 2007</creationDate>. The date the template was created. It is a free form field and can be anything such as May 2005, 08-June-1978, 01/01/2004, and so on.
  • <author>Barrie North</author>. The name of the author of this template[md]most likely your name.
  • <copyright>GPL</copyright>. Any copyright information goes into this element. A Licensing Primer for Developers and Designers can be found on the Joomla forums.
  • <authorEmail> \n This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it </authorEmail>. Email address where the author of this template can be reached.
  • <authorUrl>www.compassdesigns.net</authorUrl>. The URL of the author's website.
  • <version>1.0</version>. The version of this template.
  • <files></files>. Various files used in the template.
  • The files used in the template are laid out with <filename> tags:
<files>
<filename>index.php</filename>
<filename>templateDetails.xml</filename>
<filename>js/somejsfile.js</filename>
<filename>images/threecol-l.gif</filename>
<filename>images/threecol-r.gif</filename>
<filename>css/customize.css</filename>
<filename>css/layout.css</filename>
<filename>css/template_css.css</filename>
</files>

• The "files" sections contain all generic files like the PHP source for the template or the thumbnail image for the template preview. Each file listed in this section is enclosed by <filename> </filename>. Also included would be any additional files; here the example of a JavaScript file that is required by the template is used.
  • All image files that the template uses are also listed in the <files> section. Again, each file listed is enclosed by <filename> </filename>. Path information for the files is relative to the root of the template. For example, if the template is in the directory called 'YourTemplate', and all images are in a directory 'images' that is inside 'YourTemplate', the correct path is: <filename>images/my_image.jpg</filename>
  • Lastly, any stylesheets are listed in the files section. Again, the filename is enclosed by <filename> </filename>, and it's path is relative to the template root.
  • <positions></positions>.The module positions available in the template.
  • <params></params>. These describe parameters that can be passed to allow advanced template functions such as changing the color of the template.

more on *www.joomlashack.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=226&Itemid=16&limit=1&limitstart=2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom