Urgent help for HDD

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
i am today going to buy the new PC but now only thing that is still confusing is HDD. some says go with Western Digital and some says Seagate is better.

please i am in a sort of dilemma regarding both the drives.

as of now i have came across two products

Seagate Barracuda 1T.B. 7200

and

WD Cavair black 1T.B. 7200

so please urgently tell me which product should i choose and basic reason why.

d3p

PowerHouse
Both are good these days & the RMA is complete smooth if buying from Store directly.

BTW WD Cavair Black 1TB 7200 64mb Cache will cost you atleast 4k ~ 4.7k

WD Green 1tb 7200 32mb Cache - 3k & Seagate Barracuda 1TB =2.7k

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Considering the price of both of them you should choose Seagate Barracuda 1T.B. 7200 for better value for money.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@DOST_FRIEND59: if majority is suggesting Seagate then u shud buy it.

but I recommend WD only for its better RMA than Seagate.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can vouch for WD RMA. Much better than Seagate. Still Seagate's specs are better than WD's at similar price point. You may also consider Hitachi.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Seagate RMA is very good, I also have good experience with them. And Don't get WD Green HDDs now a days. As per opinions of several tech forums like Techenclave and Erodov, WD Green's build wuality has been deteriorated and is much prone to damage.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seagate RMA is very good, I also have good experience with them. And Don't get WD Green HDDs now a days. As per opinions of several tech forums like Techenclave and Erodov, WD Green's build wuality has been deteriorated and is much prone to damage.

Exactly.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

Seconded. OP should try to avoid WD blue.

Top Bottom