urgent: Graphic card needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav816

Broken In
my pc specification is intel 850gb Motherboard+intel 1.4 GHz processor.my motherboard support 4x AGP graphic card.currently i have nvidia riva tnt2.can any one suggest me good graphic card which support 4X AGP and is 8X AGP card can run in 4X AGP slot.please help

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
8x AGP is backward compatible with 4x. As you probably know, AGP started being phased out some time ago. For use with your motherboard, look for an AGP version of 6600GT or 7600GT. A higher card such as a 7900/7950 will be severely bottlenecked by the rest of your system and will be a waste of money unless you can get them real cheap. 8000 series are not made in AGP version.

Even an FX5xxx or GF6200 card will be a big improvement on the TNT2.

that is there........but what is the need........general video editing or movie watching is fine with 6600gt agp.......but...........there has to be a but.........because if u plan to game....with the lates games then u need to change everythin in that (PC) of yours.....hope u make the right decision

xander.tom

Right off the assembly line
Please for heaven sake. Till when are you planning to go on upgrading that squeak-tank of yours. Doing any of the above will only guarantee you a surefire way to Tech-hell. AND you can only play games released upto a max of early 2007 or upto 2006. Upgrade to a totally new system with an 8800GT Graphics card. Then you will live happily ever after.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Please for heaven sake. Till when are you planning to go on upgrading that squeak-tank of yours. Doing any of the above will only guarantee you a surefire way to Tech-hell. AND you can only play games released upto a max of early 2007 or upto 2006. Upgrade to a totally new system with an 8800GT Graphics card. Then you will live happily ever after.

Don't upgrade, with a 6600GT AGP you should be happy for another 6 months-1 year.

By then, pray you save some money and get a new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom