[URGENT] DSLR under 25k - Beginner

CRACING

Journeyman
You have some great lens to start...I too started with D3100+18-55+55-200 and its a great combo...bought 35mm just 2 months back and i am loving it..just share the pics from 500px here..there must be some link to share pics

Yes sir, both are very good lenses and take pretty sharp photos. Before I had confusion to choose between Sigma/Tamron 70-300mm and Nikon 55-200mm VRII but I took Nikon lens because it has VR, ED, Fast Focusing and takes sharp photos in the entire range. Sigma/Tamron 70-300mm has softness issue near 300mm and at that range macro works. OS/VC of the same lens are better but they are out of my budget.

Now I'm confused with 35mm F/1.8 and 50mm F/1.8. Both play different role in different conditions. 35mm is good for streets, indoors, tight spots, landscapes and 50mm is good for portraits, close-ups and etc. Being used with zoom lenses, its hard to decide prime lens. I also thought to get 50mm manual focus lens (used or new which goes for very cheap) and also 35mm G lens so that both will fulfill my needs. However, I have postponed the purchase until I decide a suitable one.

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes nikon 55-200 vr is really a hidden gem which people do not consider. its sharp and produce nice blurring.
regarding 50mm and 35mm, I have both and truth is 35mm is far more useful on cropped sensor dslr...50mm was too tight but 35mm gives sufficient space to take portraits and landscapes. I have almost stopped taking my wide angle tamron 17-50 2.8 with me due to usefulness of 35mm.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Did u get warranty buying online ? Why nikon website os saying not to buy from online store.

OP
prehistoricgamer

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Did u get warranty buying online ? Why nikon website os saying not to buy from online store.

I didn't bother to check it. Although I did get the warranty cards and booklet, they are all empty while they are supposed to be stamped by the seller. If need be, I can contact the seller directly and get it filled I suppose.

But I got tied up with a couple of things and didn't follow through with the warranty checking. So far the camera has been working fine. I just hope it does for another year and a half. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
As per nikon , only if the seller name is there on the Nikon website's authorised seller then warranty is valid...else they wont bother.
So if your online seller is a nikon official dealer and name on there website then you are sure to get warrenty else no warrenty.

OP
prehistoricgamer

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
As per nikon , only if the seller name is there on the Nikon website's authorised seller then warranty is valid...else they wont bother.
So if your online seller is a nikon official dealer and name on there website then you are sure to get warrenty else no warrenty.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. But like I said, I'm not too worried about warranty at this point. I've been maintaining the camera well. I believe I can do so for some a couple more months :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
even I didnt need any warrenty for 2 years..I am facing no problem...but if something goes wrong then its badluck

satinder

DELHIITE
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. But like I said, I'm not too worried about warranty at this point. I've been maintaining the camera well. I believe I can do so for some a couple more months :)
Even if seller is not an authorised dealer, if you ask he can arrange stamps for the said camera and can ask service centre to attend your camera. All these have good contacts when in business.

kool

Cyborg Agent
guys,

I am looking for Nikon D5200 from long time on onliine site, unfortunately only "snapdeal" and "paytm" is shipping to my address (PATNA). So right now i am getting Nikon D5200 (with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55 mm F/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens) for Rs.26k after cashback and Nikon D5200 (with AF-S 18 - 55 mm VR Kit + AF-S DX NIKKOR 35 mm f/1.8G Lens) for Rs.34k after cashback.

So,
Should I buy this model with kit lens 18-55mm only or with additional 35mm lens ? If I buy 35mm lens later it would cost me Rs.10k. Is Rs.34k good deal with additional lens ? Or should I buy later ?

By the way, I am new to DSLR cameras, after doing lots of research online i have shortlisted Nikon D5200 and 35mm prime lens. So kindly hep me to choose what would be best for me ? I m buying from CAMCAT seller, and this seller is from PATNA :winking_NF:

Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

madhu

Broken In
guys,

I am looking for Nikon D5200 from long time on onliine site, unfortunately only "snapdeal" and "paytm" is shipping to my address (PATNA). So right now i am getting Nikon D5200 (with AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55 mm F/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens) for Rs.26k after cashback and Nikon D5200 (with AF-S 18 - 55 mm VR Kit + AF-S DX NIKKOR 35 mm f/1.8G Lens) for Rs.34k after cashback.

So,
Should I buy this model with kit lens 18-55mm only or with additional 35mm lens ? If I buy 35mm lens later it would cost me Rs.10k. Is Rs.34k good deal with additional lens ? Or should I buy later ?

By the way, I am new to DSLR cameras, after doing lots of research online i have shortlisted Nikon D5200 and 35mm prime lens. So kindly hep me to choose what would be best for me ? I m buying from CAMCAT seller, and this seller is from PATNA :winking_NF:

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION]

It's better to go with 5300 or 3300, these produce more clear picture than 5200. If budget is really your concern, stick with 3300!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CRACING

Journeyman
[MENTION=2608]kool[/MENTION]

D5300 costs 35k approx (Excluding cashback or discounts), 7k more then D5200. For that you'll get new processor, 0.2" bigger display with more pixels, Lots of scene modes (Are these really useful to DSLR photographers? I doubt), 2 more fps, Builtin Wifi, Built in GPS, No low-pass filter and etc. So you pay extra for these all and it seems worth but I doubt picture quality would be better then D5200. It may be better because of lacking low-pass filter but the difference would be little.

If you choice D5300 then next comes D5500 with a extra 12k but there is no end to this. I would suggest to spend more on lenses and less on body because lens matters more.

As of D3300, I don't think its a best choice because it lacks some important option compered to D5XXX. i.e No AE Bracketing, No WB Bracketing, Only 11 focal points, Not supported by Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 (You have to use 3rd party) and etc in settings. Indeed it may produce better pictures but difference would be very little. In 25k price range, Canon 1300D would be better. It has all the above options plus latest tech.

If I had to save money then I would choice D3200 and wouldn't mind about lacking options.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I will always suggest getting the mid level DSLR...even if the tech is slightly old like D5200 ... there base range is poor in built and slow in focussing.
I have used D3100 for 2 years...although I got many good results but after using D7000 i can find many issues in that...D5200 or d5300 is a balance between both

kool

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=2608]kool[/MENTION]

D5300 costs 35k approx (Excluding cashback or discounts), 7k more then D5200. For that you'll get new processor, 0.2" bigger display with more pixels, Lots of scene modes (Are these really useful to DSLR photographers? I doubt), 2 more fps, Builtin Wifi, Built in GPS, No low-pass filter and etc. So you pay extra for these all and it seems worth but I doubt picture quality would be better then D5200. It may be better because of lacking low-pass filter but the difference would be little.

If you choice D5300 then next comes D5500 with a extra 12k but there is no end to this. I would suggest to spend more on lenses and less on body because lens matters more.

As of D3300, I don't think its a best choice because it lacks some important option compered to D5XXX. i.e No AE Bracketing, No WB Bracketing, Only 11 focal points, Not supported by Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 (You have to use 3rd party) and etc in settings. Indeed it may produce better pictures but difference would be very little. In 25k price range, Canon 1300D would be better. It has all the above options plus latest tech.

If I had to save money then I would choice D3200 and wouldn't mind about lacking options.

bro, after lots of research i have selected D5200

Top Bottom