*URGENT* Display not coming...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
i don't understand what the fuss is about. i did not hijack anything. Isin't it stupid to create a new thread for every problem. anyways my problem was similar to his, thats why i posted my query here. He doesn't have a problem.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Isn't that a compliment?
That is. Digit should be empathetic for the fact that not all of the good advisors haven't moved to better forums (well, the idiotic troll posters and lamers did but that's a good thing), and I am sure everyone knows other good forums :p.
The way I see it, you guys should get together (yeah, all regulars) and one of them should email digit saying that you guys will have to force to abandon the forums and migrate to other ones since there is no admin or mod to take care of this forums. Ask for a cleanup and an active moderation throughout the forum. They will most probably acknowledge, depending on how many people put a forum wide strike. Digit won't risk upsetting the people visiting here regularly since that's how ads get noticed around here.
But like I said, complete team effort.

No ****, this does help. You guys just have to plan out, that is if you want to shock this forum back to life.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok guys, I've no problem with dat hijack. At least some is getting help from it.

I went to Lamington road today. PrimeABGB tested it and found my MOBO is culprit.
It had to be replaced (ABiT).

May be next week I'll get new one.

Krow

Crowman
That is. Digit should be empathetic for the fact that not all of the good advisors haven't moved to better forums (well, the idiotic troll posters and lamers did but that's a good thing), and I am sure everyone knows other good forums :p.
The way I see it, you guys should get together (yeah, all regulars) and one of them should email digit saying that you guys will have to force to abandon the forums and migrate to other ones since there is no admin or mod to take care of this forums. Ask for a cleanup and an active moderation throughout the forum. They will most probably acknowledge, depending on how many people put a forum wide strike. Digit won't risk upsetting the people visiting here regularly since that's how ads get noticed around here.
But like I said, complete team effort.

No ****, this does help. You guys just have to plan out, that is if you want to shock this forum back to life.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure if a blackout will help. That has already been done and this forum has come down from having like 500 active members to only about 20 or so. If that mattered to anyone, then things would have been different. I myself was thinking of an email to Raaabo. In a week or so, it will be ready and I'll ask others to send it too. What I was going to ask for was:

No ads once you log in. (Majority of people here are unregistered ones. 20 online vs 100 offline)
A less bandwidth hogging forum theme.
Active moderation. (although I appreciate whatever work is being done by the few active mods a lot).

I dunno how much this will help, but let's make a try first. For anyone who wants to mail feedback, make sure you do it to :
Code:
editor@thinkdigit.com
Make sure you send in a weekly mail. The way I understand things, there is a big gap between the admins and the coders for the forum. The coding and the theme has been outsourced to some company and that job is supervised by some person who is not a forum member.

Ok guys, I've no problem with dat hijack. At least some is getting help from it.

I went to Lamington road today. PrimeABGB tested it and found my MOBO is culprit.

Hoping for the best. Hang in there buddy.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Throwing out a few questions I always had about this place:

1. How many active members we have here. (Active = 3-5 posts per week).

2. Admin..is there any admin....? What do they do.

Krow

Crowman
Active members are about 30-40 maximum. Most of them post in Chit Chat or Gamerz sections only. So that leaves us with about 15 or so.

Admin : Anorion is the only admin I have seen posting regularly in the forum. The others, I have not. Even Raaabo I haven't seen. I think it was Anorion who added the extra smileys. All admins are Digit employees. The coding of the forum is not entirely in their hands either.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

hey have bought ur PC from dat shop...i also want to upgrade....so can u tell is primeabgb is the best shop with best deal....:oops:
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
A
Admin : Anorion is the only admin I have seen posting regularly in the forum.

I think Pathik & MetalHeadGautam r also admins....:razz:

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
^All greens are Moderators. For complete list, check here. All admins/mods are listed.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showgroups.php

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Ok guys, got my MOBO at last....
took three weeks and close to one call everyday (mera MOBO aya kaya?) to shop...

Thanx everyone and specially Anorion who somehow managed to visit me even at night.

Now, wish me luck with this replaced one....

Oh, as always, there has to be some issue, so I've got an issue wid the new board...
check here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1195829#post1195829

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom