*URGENT* Display not coming...help

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I live in bandra west. Never been to Thane :p. Just been to a stop after nerul to pickup my lian li case.
Its best if the shop keeps get the psu checked. But I don't know if they really check. Their defination of checking is usually plugging in and see if it boots or checking with voltage checker. Just how many people test the system to be 100% stable by using stress testing softwares and using oscilloscopes to check the ripple on the psu unit?
Nevertheless, this is a good option you have.

Anubis

Courage to Know
Initially did it shutdown by itself some few days ago when this happened ?

If that's the case then it must be PSU.

Else its the RAM

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Initially did it shutdown by itself some few days ago when this happened ?

If that's the case then it must be PSU.

Else its the RAM
Nope, it never did.

Eventually, there was never an abrupt restart, BSOD, shut-down, freeze-up...

This is the first time it refused to boot and since then its not booting......

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
if u get a beep sound when booting then RAM is fine...:smile:
Proccy is fine
BIOS is fine.....
HDD id fine....

Have u checked the HDD is detected or not go to BIOS & check r all components detected..

Check with other PSU...but i doubt coz PSU fan is spinning ryt...:!:

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
if u get a beep sound when booting then RAM is fine...:smile:
Proccy is fine
BIOS is fine.....
HDD id fine....

Have u checked the HDD is detected or not go to BIOS & check r all components detected..

No beeps......no beeps, strange, but no beeps. Never ever it beeped.

Can't go to BIOS, as display is not showing.
And, ya PSU fan is spinning.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
if u get a beep sound when booting then RAM is fine.
Not entirely true. If it beeps, it just means that the ram is stable enough to boot from POST. Being stable for booting is one thing, but being stable for using the system without any worries is just another ball game and can be only be proven stable when a memtest 86+ tests are conducted for 6 hours flat atleast.
No it doesn't work that way mate. Just because a psu fan is running properly, doesn't mean the psu is. The fan on the psu is connected on the 3 pin connector on the psu's pcb board- not via molex connector.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^ if a we get a beep then it means RAM is detected & proceed 2 next phase....:smile:
but he didnt get ne beeps...:sad:

Hey rithwick when u switch on u say 'beep' :crazy:

only option left is check with other PSU

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hey guys.. i just bought a sapphire 4850 512mb version and a coolermaster extreme 500 (the one that comes 4 arnd 2.8k). Now i installed the psu, card, installed windows 7 (32 bit) formatted my hard-drives... i did not connect my display to the gpu till then.It worked on on-board graphics. But now when i go to install the ati software, it does not detect my gpu. nor does the add new hardware wizard. what am i doing wrong?
(btw sorry for butting in rhit wick)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
hey guys.. i just bought a sapphire 4850 512mb version and a coolermaster extreme 500 (the one that comes 4 arnd 2.8k). Now i installed the psu, card, installed windows 7 (32 bit) formatted my hard-drives... i did not connect my display to the gpu till then.It worked on on-board graphics. But now when i go to install the ati software, it does not detect my gpu. nor does the add new hardware wizard. what am i doing wrong?
(btw sorry for butting in rhit wick)

Have u provided to the card?
It would require external power....
Check...

sagsall4u

Journeyman
i have given it power yaar.. the gpu fan is spinning. and my mobo is intel DG33FB what do i have to change in the bios?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Its seriously amazing what you guys (regular advisors) are helping around despite any mod help and people who are hijacking other's threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom