Urgent: Buying PC today at 6 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
hi guys

One of my friend is going to purchase a PC today itself. Needs a basic PC which can serve him for another 2 years.

I am absolutely out of touch of the current configurations as I bought my last PC way back in 2005.

Plz suggest a AMD Processor/MB Combo within 6000. Also, in the same price range an Intel Processor/MB combo.

Also, what is the current average HDD size, I guess 500 GB or 750 GB and what is the price difference

But be fast as I don't want to be a dumb ass at the shop.

Thanks

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Thanks..Can u also suggest an Intel counterpart. And how AMD one is better as non-technical people have a hell bent of mind towards Intel.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Pentium Dual Core E5400 2.7GHz @ 3.2k
Jetway I43GM1-HG @ 3.3k

total-6.5k

but still Athlon II X2 245 is faster than Pentium Dual Core E5400 (2.9GHZ vs 2.7GHZ)
moreover the onboard graphics on ECS A785GM-M5 (HD4200) is better than onboard graphics on Jetway I43GM1-HG (GMA X4500)

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
oK Thanks a lot

It seems that I have lost complete touch of these days systems configurations which was once my forte.

Anyways, I think I will go for AMD one provided I convince my friend.

I myself use an age old AMD Athlon 3000+ with MSI RS482 ..And it was a really gud configuration at its time

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Got a Athlon II X2 250 WITH aSUS m2n68-am plus for Rs 5500/-. The one with 785 G was costing around 7000 which was out of budget.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
it is a good buy
but the onboard graphics are older (DX9) on the mobo you bought
you should have gone with 785G chipset mobo
if you do not game then it is ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom