Urban Terror 4.1 installer doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Problem: Urban Terror 4.1 installer doesn't work.

The Urban Terror 4.1 installer provided in the digit Dec 2008 By Demand DVD doesn't work. When launched, it slows down the system with no visual feedback whatsoever. When I run Task Manager, I see the installation processes sitting there frozen up, doing nothing. Even if I end the processes, the system keeps acting as if my Core2Duo can do only 5-10 flops(floating point operations per second) and I have to re-login to restore things to normal.

Is this normal?? I gave the installer time too, but it kept sitting there, doing nothing for half an hour. I have also tried to copy the installer from the DVD and then run it, but it sticks there as if dead. Faulty DVD? or is there a solution? Someone please help!

PS: I've tried searching about this on this forum.

Last edited:

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
If you have a good enough net connection, you can download the .zip installer from the Download page.Then just unzip the file and click the ioUrbanTerror.exe file to launch the game, no installation needed.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^Thanks for replying but I can't do that. I got a DataOne Home250 plan (cant upgrade, got exams soon). So, I've got a 1GB limit. I can download anything real fast but I can't download too much or the bill will have more zeroes at the right, than regular. Can anyone confirm that his Dec2008 By demand DVD works fine AND that the UT4.1 installer in it also works fine???

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I think it's an issue with the DVD. Does all the other stuff on the DVD work fine? If it doesn't, you know what that means.

Anyway, do try to download it when you can.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Nope. Other stuff on the DVD works fine except that Tomb Raider(but that is because my PC doesn't have a graphics card which costs a ferrari). I can still install Tomb Raider though... Either it is only THAT file on the DVD which was burnt improperly (Unlucky me :sad:), or it is due to some problem with my PC(poor me :sad:)

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Try extracting that file using CD Recovery Toolbox. It's a small download, so you can download it easily. Install this tool, and then you can use it to copy the installation folder to you HDD. Then try installing the game.

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I've already tried copying the file to my HDD. It does get copied but after execution, it gives the same result as in Post #1. I've also tried setting the processor affinity to single, running it with admin previlages and running it in compatibility mode.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
you can check md5sum from the site if it matches with the installer

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^
did u try CD Recovery Toolbox
Yup.

you can check md5sum from the site if it matches with the installer

Done. Its the same.

I've also tried installing ioUrbanTerror first by downloading it's installer. it still doesn't work. On excution, it stays frozen, deaf, dumb and dead. If I run it in admin mode, the consent.exe starts acting in the same way (Doesn't ask me for permission, just lays there in the Task manager)

Last edited:

Ecstasy

a.k.a VipER
Where do you stay? If by any chance any Digit Forumer lives nearby then he can give you the game in a CD. I think that would be a better option for you. :0

OP
alexanderthegreat

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
^^your PC not lieks you :D

I bet it's a conspiracy! My PC is trying to set up a trap to take over :eek:. But don't worry, I won't let machines take over. Anyone remember this:-
*www.product-reviews.net/wp-content/userimages/2008/02/self-destruct-usb-hub.jpg
It was reported in digit long ago. The PC Destruct Button. Just in case a PC tries to be smart. :D :twisted:. By the way, I'm thinking of writing a book on 'T and his weird avatars'. Do you want partnership in copyrights, T?

Where do you stay? If by any chance any Digit Forumer lives nearby then he can give you the game in a CD. I think that would be a better option for you. :0

I don't reckon that's possible. I live in the wonderful (ly idiotic) town of Bhagalpur, Bihar. I don't remember seeing anyone from Bihar ever on TDF.

Well, thanks for trying to help, everybody! I'm really grateful.
I guess the only solution now is to wait for Digit to provide UT in some future issue of digit.

Last edited:

REY619

Ambassador of Buzz
Or save bandwidth and try to download it in parts.. like 400 or 500 MB in a month and remaining in other...

toofan

Technomancer
Try downloading through torrents and download its rar version. which can be easily carried form one place to other in a pen drive. If you wish I can give it to you. I am in delhi rt now and with my urt in my pendrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom