UPS suggestion.....

Confused_user

Journeyman
I wasn't sure where to post this... so I'm posting here....

First my configuration......
i5 2310
gtx 660
2x 4gb
gtx 660
corsair cx430m
Samsung 19" LCD......
stereo speakers, normal k&m, Xbox controller

the connection's like this..... pc>ups(old, powercom)>socket>inverter

Now the problem.....
everytime the power goes out, the ups goes into backup mode for the time inverter takes to kick in.... but the pc restarts abruply.... taking all my data with it.

Any solutions? should I buy another ups? and if so, which one?

oh... before I forget.... I'm also running one of those multi plugs (spike baster?) to plug everything in the ups

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Now the problem.....
everytime the power goes out, the ups goes into backup mode for the time inverter takes to kick in.... but the pc restarts abruply.... taking all my data with it.

Any solutions? should I buy another ups? and if so, which one?

oh... before I forget.... I'm also running one of those multi plugs (spike baster?) to plug everything in the ups

How old is your battery ??
What brand UPS are you currently using also state the power rating of UPS.

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman

Try switching off the inverter and running the PC in UPS backup. Maybe yours is too old/faulty to run this much load. If thats the case, try replacing the battery.

Or If its running smooth and able to handle the load, you might need to buy another UPS because its not switching fast enough for the computer. Go for APC.

rst

Youngling
Yeah
APC UPS are the best.

I am also thinking to buy inverter to run PC for 3-4 hours (during power cut)
Hope,such things shall not happen with me

Last edited:
Top Bottom